Chapter 26: The Big Day

*A year later -- morning time -- 8:24am -- June 12*

After the incident with eggman, everything was peaceful again. the birds were singing, people in the city were happy, and the flowers were blossoming. a house in the woods was quiet as two hedgehogs sleep while they held each other close. sonic slowly wakes up and saw shadow still sleeping in his arms (shadow is blind in his left eye but can still see with his right). 

Sonic smiles softly and gently kiss his forehead before slowly getting up and walking to the kitchen, shadow smiles from the kiss he was given. minutes goes by, shadow walks downstairs as he smells something good in the kitchen. he then saw his blue boyfriend cooking as he didn't see him yet, shadow slowly sneaks up to him from the behind and hugs him.

"Shadow!, you scared me!" sonic said, spooked.

"Sorry, I just wanted to say good morning to my beautiful boyfriend" shadow said as he snuggled onto his neck.

"*sigh* it's okay, also sit down, breakfast is almost ready" shadow lets go of him and sits down on a chair.

*2 hours later* 

They get ready for the pride month festival that was happening in the city. sonic wears his bi flag around his neck and wears aa trans bandanna on his left arm. as for shadow, he wears his gay flag around his neck and puts on a rainbow color marks on his cheeks. as they were done, sonic grabs the house keys and they started to head out.

Before sonic locked the door, shadow released that he forgot something in the house.

"Wait sonic" shadow said.

"What's up?" sonic said, confused.

"I forgot something in the house, I'll be quick" shadow rans upstairs and quickly grabs the thing he forgot before running back downstairs and closes the door behind him.

"Alright, let's go now" shadow said as he walks with him, quickly putting the thing in his quills.

*20 minutes later*

The festival was crazy, people were everywhere, a daisy like smell fills the air, and people were dancing around with music that played for them. sonic and shadow arrived at the place on time as they saw tails, blaze, amy, silver, mephiles, knuckles, rouge, and cream at the entrance, waiting for them to appear. 

"C'mon shadow, let's go" sonic said, excited as he pulls his hand.

"Okay okay, I'm going" shadow said.

They walked to the gang as sonic couldn't help it and let go of him. he screams tails's name as his brother turns around and was hugged. tails hug back in joy and starts laughing in happiness.

"How have you been sonic, I haven't seen you in a week" tails said after they stopped hugging.

"Sorry little bud, I've been busy lately, but I'm good" shadow caught up with the others and stands next to him.

"Hey shadow" tails said as he waves hello, he waves back.

Once everyone was done saying their hellos, they started to walk in and payed for the tickets. as they were about to explore the place, rouge grabbed shadow's arm as she had a big smirk on her face and turns to sonic.

"Sorry sonic, but can I talk to your boyfriend in private" rouge said with a sweet tone and a gentle smile.

"Sure, I guess" rouge said thank you and takes shadow to a certain of a building.

"What the heck rouge!" shadow whispered.

"Do you have the thing" rouge whispered, not wanting to waste time.

"Yes" shadow takes it out before quickly putting it back in.

"Alright let's go, before we blow our cover" they started to walk back to the others.

"What was that about?" sonic said in confusion.

"It was about business, that's all" shadow said.

"Alright but we need to go, the festival is about to start" they walked to the street way as the gang didn't want to miss it.

Once they got there, people were dancing around as they were having the time of their lives. sonic pulled shadow to where everyone was dancing as they started to dance with the music, they were having so much fun while the gang just sat down. they danced and danced together as they felt happy. 

Seeing sonic smile is anything to the black hedgehog, he just hope that he will still be happy when he tells him in the night.

*A few hours later -- nighttime*

everyone says goodbye as they went back home. sonic and shadow stopped in the woods for a moment to turn into their werehog forms before continuing their walk back home. as they walked, shadow immediately picks him up and runs to a different direction.

"Shadow!, what the hell are you doing!?" sonic yelled out in confusion.

"You'll like it, trust me" shadow said.

Minutes goes by as they finally made it to the place. shadow took him to a beautiful part of the woods, the moon was bright, sunflowers were everywhere, and the flowers glowed on the moon's light. it was breathtaking for sonic as he couldn't find the words to say. shadow took his hands and looked into his eyes as he went in one knee.

"Sonic, I'm so happy to have you in my life" shadow let go of his hands and began to get something in his quills.

"It makes me happy that I have something to live, love, and fight for. you make me the happiest hedgehog in the world. even though bad times, you were always there to help me though anything. having someone like you has never been better" shadow then pulls out a small black box and held it in front of him.

"Sonic the hedgehog, will you marry me" shadow said as he opens it and an engagement ring with red diamonds was inside.

Sonic tears up in happiness and immediately said yes. shadow took the ring and puts it on his ring finger. sonic hugged him in joy before kissing him on the lips, they were so happy how things went.

*4 months later*

They get married in the woods where the sun was setting. years goes by as blaze and amy got married and become queens together, silver and mephiles found a place together and becomes husbands, tails becomes the world's best scientist and creates machines, and knuckles gets married with rouge and has a kid of their own.

The end

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for reading my first ever book, it was great writing these chapters. thank you all for the support and love you have given me to keep writing, it means a lot. for all means, that's all folks.