Chapter 25: A Miracle

*5 months later -- 5:23pm*

The sun shines through a hospital window, making it the only light source in it. silence fills the room while the only noise there was the beeping for the hospital machine. wires were hooked up on a black werehog with red stripes on his quills. shadow's body lays on a bed as he wasn't disturbed by anything at all.

A glass vase with lavender sat next to him as it started to dead and its petals began to fall off, losing its color and shape as minutes go by. suddenly the hospital door opens as it appears to be sonic, holding a new pair of lavender. he was still in his beastly form, he barely cared about it as for the past months he was in serious pain over shadow being in a coma.

Sonic throws away the dead flowers and puts in the new fresh ones. he then grabs a chair and takes a sat next to shadow's bed.

"Hey shadow" sonic said with a smile.

"How have you been?, everyone haves been missing you" sonic grabs onto his cold hand and ruds it against his cheek. 

The door opens and amy walks in, closing it behind her. she grabs a chair and sits next to him, staying quiet for a couple of moments before speaking.

"Hey sonic" amy said.

"Hey . . ." sonic said, emotionlessly.

"He'll come back to us, I promise" amy said as she put a hand on his shoulder, he shrugs it off.

They both stayed quiet once more as she knew how much pain he was feeling and backed up.

"I'll see you later, sonic" amy puts the chair back and leaves.

Once she was gone, a few tears escaped his eyes as he felt ashamed over everything that happened. 

^With amy^

Amy walked back to the lobby as the gang were there waiting for her for answers about sonic, they stood up once they saw her coming back.

"So, how is he" tails said with worry in his tone.

"With shadow in a coma, he hasn't been himself lately" amy looked down in sadness as she felt bad for him and what he's been going through.

Blaze places a hand on her shoulder and said "he just needs some time alone amy, he'll come around".

She then hugs her softly as everyone felt sadness for sonic and shadow, hoping that everything will get better soon.

*6 hours later -- nighttime*

It started to rain hard as some of the rain hit on the glass window. the only light that was on were the light over shadow's hospital bed. sonic slept next to him while he was on the chair. the beeping sounds were the only sound that filled the half dark room. suddenly, shadow's right hand moved.

His eyes started to open as he slowly woke up. shadow looked around, confused where he was.

'Where am I?' he then looked beside him and saw sonic, sleeping peacefully next to him.

'Am I in a hospital?' shadow thought as he looked around more.

All of a sudden, he felt movement next to him and saw sonic slowly waking up from his sleep. he quickly laid back down and closed his eyes, as if he was still sleeping. sonic yawned and stretched his arms out from tiredness. he then looked up at his love and tears rolled down his cheeks as he watched him sleep.

Sonic gets up and gets ready to leave, putting the chair back where it was. as he was about to leave, he then got an idea of doing one more thing as a goodbye. he turned around and walked back towards the bed. sonic took a look at him before slowly leaning in and kissing him on the lips.

Shadow couldn't help it much longer and kissed back. sonic was shocked but didn't dare to break this moment they were having. they felt alive and happy between each other touch. they couldn't help it, sharing a kiss for so long was everything to them. tears started to roll down their cheeks as if this was their first time. they pulled away for air and immediately hugged in joy.

"Shadow!, you're back!" sonic said with tears in his eyes and a smile on his face.

They hugged with smiles on their faces as they finally felt happy again. sonic kissed him once more in happiness and relaxed, happy to be with him again.