Chapter 24: Losing Control [3/3]

Sonic watched in horror as he saw his love laying there lifeless on the ground. eggman laughed evilly while he enjoyed this so-called show for his sickly pleasure. the blue werehog cried as he felt sadness and aloneness closing down on him.

"Oh please sonic, stop your whining, it's really unsuited for your appearance" suddenly, anger and hate filled his mind as he went crazy for blood.

Memories of him and shadow went back to him while foam went out of his mouth. his claws grow sharper, eyes went blank, and his teeth were sharper as he growled at metal, wanting to rip him up and make him regret everything. sonic ran towards him but was held back by the chains, he pulled hard onto them for a second until they broke.

He then ran to him and pinned him to the ground as he immediately punched him constantly and ripped his left leg before throwing him to a wall. metal stayed laying there as he wasn't able to move and shut down from an error. the ground shakes as a big metal robot rises from the floor. 

Eggman went in and began to walk towards him, sonic growled in anger as he knew this fight wasn't over yet. they started to fight as eggman throw some bombs and punches at him. sonic hidden behind a wall while he thought about a plan to destroy him, then an idea popped up. he went out of his hiding spot and began to distract him by moving around in circles.

Eggman later felt dizzy as he lost vision of him. once he got his focus back, he didn't see the blue werehog anymore. suddenly a tap on the glass was heard as it came from behind him, eggman turned around and saw sonic with wires in his hands.

"This is for shadow" sonic then ripped them out and ran behind a wall.

It exploded, eggman screamed in pain as his skin melted and his body parts went flying everywhere. dust fills the room as it was dead quiet now. once all of it was over, sonic comes out and saw shadow still laying there lifeless. he ran to him and checked if he was still alive.

"Oh, thank chaos" sonic said as he was relieved that he was still alive.

Sonic slowly picked him up to take him to the nearest hospital when he saw metal, powering up again. metal slowly looked around and saw a burning machine with eggman's burning corpse in it. sonic slowly walks up to him with shadow in his arms as he looked dead serious.

"You're lucky that I'm not going to finish you off now as I want you to regret everything you have done, and next time make sure that you make the right decision before you mess with the wrong hero" then he walked off.

Sonic opened the doors as he saw the sun rising up. the sun shines on them but something was wrong, they didn't turn back to normal. sonic didn't care as he was focused to take shadow somewhere safe.

*An hour later*

Sonic was at the hospital as he waited for the doctor to come with some news. suddenly, she came back with a clapboard in her hands. he immediately stands up.

"So, how is he doc?" she looked down as she had some disappointing news to share.

"I'm afraid that . . he went in a coma, but he has a positive chance to wake up sooner then we think" sonic breaks down in tears before wiping them away.

"Can I at least see him" sonic said.

"Of course, he's at the tenth floor in the right" he thanked her as he went to the elevator.

*A few minutes later*

He finds the room she was talking about as he looks through the window and saw shadow, still in his werehog form as bandages were all over his body. sonic walks in and closes the door the way in. he grabs a chair and sits right next to his hospital bed as he then grabs his cold hand and holds onto it.

"Hey shadow, I know you can hear me . . we're going to get through this, okay" his tears started to come out again while seeing him sleep peacefully.

"Please come back to me, please" sonic said before crying next to him, hoping that his love will wake up soon.