Chapter 23: Losing Control [2/3]

*Same night -- 11:24pm*

Shadow opens his eyes and finds himself on a lavender field. he looks around but saw no one as there were only fields of lavender. he looks around for once more before suddenly seeing sonic in the distance. shadow ran to him, happy to see him as tears run down his cheeks while he calls his name out of him. sonic began to walk away, not looking back at him. shadow suddenly trips over and tries to get up but something pulled him back.

He looked down to his leg and saw vines snatching itself onto him. he tried to pull them out as they started to pull him in the ground. his body was halfway in as he began to scream out for sonic. sonic didn't show up as he now saw darkness, feeling nothing but coldness. shadow woke up from the horrifying nightmare.

He shot up in terror as he then quickly looked around, he saw that he was in a living room with the gang, he was at cream's house. he looked down at his hands as he was still in his werehog form.

"Shadow!, you're awake!" cream said as she immediately hugged him. 

"Where's sonic?" shadow said without wasting any time.

Everyone stood there quiet as silver stepped in and said "he . . . was kidnapped by eggman".

Shadow sat there frozen as he remembered eggman taking him before he blacked out.

"Then why are we standing there for!?, let's go get him back!" shadow said.

"Shadow look at us, we're injured, and we don't even have a plan to get him out" silver said as he tried to convince him to stay.

"Fine, you guys stay here while I go get him" shadow opened the front door and slammed it when he was out.

Silver sighed as he went back to the group and prayed to chaos that they will come back safe.

*An hour later*

Shadow arrived at eggman's base as he didn't want to waste any more time and walked towards it. three robots were there as they then spotted shadow walking towards them in a fast pace. before they had the chance to attack, shadow ripped the two of them to pieces with just one swing of his claw as he then looked at the one remaining.

Seeing what shadow can do, it ran for its life but was immediately killed at the spot and got dropped to the ground. shadow enters the base as he then saw eggman and metal at the entrance, as if they were waiting for his arrival.

"Shadow, I'm so glad you could come" eggman said with that evil grin from earlier.

"Where is he!" shadow yelled out in anger.

"I see you don't want to waste any time, then let me bring him out of you" eggman then presses a button as the floor shakes.

Sonic appeared from the floor as his hands and neck were chained to the floor.

"Sonic!" sonic looked up with tired eyes as he didn't have the energy to speak.

"Let him the fuck go!" shadow yelled.

"Nuh uh, if you want him back, you have to metal over here" shadow growled from the answer, but he also didn't want to see him suffer.

"Fine" eggman grinned from the answer as he got comfortable for what's going to happen next.

Both metal and shadow started circling around while rises their fists up, they circled around for a bit before stopping and getting into their position as they waited for one of them to make a move. shadow's heart rated as all he could think about in that moment was sonic. then metal went in for a punch but missed, being grabbed by the leg instead and thrown to a metal wall.

Metal quickly flew to him and throw another punch. shadow covered his face with his arms and moved to the side as he punched metal in the side of his stomach. he fell down and quickly looked up as he saw shadow throwing a punch. metal quickly moved to the side and throw a punch to his stomach. shadow stepped back a few steps and was immediately punched to the face.

Sonic watched in horror while he saw him being punched several times to the floor. then the punching turned into clawing through the skin. metal used his sharp metal fingers to cut through his skin, leaving cuts all over his body. sonic screamed his name to get up and fight back. metal then did the unthinkable and scratched his left eye as blood poured all over his eye.

Shadow fell on the hard floor, looking at sonic's horrified face as his last works were 'I love you' before passing out cold.

To be continued . . .