BEFORE SUNSET/THE DEPARTED

GILBERT HOUSE

Alexis walks into Alaric's room where Elena drapes a sheet over a chair. Alexis wraps her arms around her waist and pecks her on the cheek

Alexis: Going darker, are we?

Elena: It's the only color we had.

Alexis: You don't have to do this right now, Love.

Elena: We have to keep moving. Otherwise we'll start thinking and we don't want to think.

Alexis: Want a hand?

Elena: What are you doing here anyway?

Alexis: I wanted to check on you, Love. Also my twin is packing his belongings up so he's leaving town

Elena: As long as I stay in the house, he can't get in.

Alexis spins her around and cups her face in her hands

Alexis: How are you? Honestly?

Elena throws her arms around her neck and hugs her tightly. Alexis hugs her back, kissing her on the side of the head.

Elena: I'm better with you here.

Alexis smiles, placing her chin on top of her head.

MIKAELSON MANSION

Klaus is packing up things around the house while Rebekah talks to him.

Rebekah: Alaric Saltzman just tried to kill me.

Klaus: Alaric Saltzman is supposed to be dead.

Rebekah: Well, he's not and he's a vampire thanks to mother's spell with a white oak stake that can't kill him. He's strong, Nic. Too strong.

Klaus: Where is he now?

Rebekah: He's stuck at the school without a daylight ring, but as soon as night falls he'll come after us. We need to leave now.

Alexis walks into the room

Alexis: I'll collect Elena and we'll be on our way

Rebekah: Forget Elena!

Alexis: I am not leaving her here unprotected.

Rebekah: We'll protect each other, like we always have. Always and forever

Alexis: I am not leaving her behind.

Rebekah: I'm leaving now. You can either walk out that door with me or you are on your own.

Alexis and Klaus stares at her without saying a single word.

Rebekah: Fine. Trust your hybrids over your family. Let your spite be the death of you, see if I care.

Rebekah walks out of the room, walking into Tyler on the way out.

Rebekah: Move it, sire boy!

Tyler: What's her deal?

Alexis: None of your business. Get back to work.

THE DEPARTED-GILBERT HOUSE

Elijah, Alexis, Matt, Stefan, and Elena are together in the kitchen.

Elijah: All we need is to take that stake away from him. Once he's been disarmed, the weapon's in my possession, my family will scatter to the ends of the Earth and Alaric will follow us.

Stefan: And you'll just run?

Alexis: We've done it before. Me, Nik, and Rebekah spent the better part of a thousand years evading my father. What's another half century while Elena is able to live out the rest of her natural life?

Matt: We finally stopped your psychotic twin's ass. We won't let you bring him back.

Elena: I'll come with you

Matt looks at her in disbelief and shock

Alexis: No

Elena: I can. You'll protect me

Alexis: Darling, you don't want to spend the rest of your days running. We'll text and call but I want you to stay here. I'll visit as much as I can.

She sits down beside her.

Elijah: But know this, she could have been dead the instant I walked through that door tonight, so Elena, I leave it to you to make the decision whether to trust me or not.

Alexis: Rebekah and Kol will honor the terms. If you return Klaus' body to us, Elena will come to no harm.

Matt: Fuck off, Alexis. You're a Original. You can't be trusted. All you've done is fuck us over

Stefan: Elena, it's up to you

Matt lets out a loud scoff and storms out of the house

Elena: We have a deal.

MIKAELSON MANSION

Elena and Alexis are in Alexis's bedroom

Elena: I hate living like this. I don't want you to leave. I want you to stay here with me. What about our normal life, just us, live our days together, have a family?

Alexis: I want that. More then anything, my love.

She takes her hands in hers and raising them to her lips

Alexis: Are you certain about this, darling?

Elena nods her head

Elena: I've never been more sure about anything. Turn me. I want to be with you forever.

Alexis sighs, biting into her wrist and places it over Elena's lips as the blood oozes down her throat.

She then cups Elena's face in her hands

Elena: I love you

Alexis: I love you

With those words, she twists Elena's head to the side snapping her neck and gently lowers her body on the bed.

Alexis: Always and Forever, my love

She kisses her softly on the forehead.