Home

A month had passed since Aurora and Leah had spoken to Alexia. Leah had been back and forth between her home, training and games, never once pushing Aurora to speak to anyone or see anyone. Something which was greatly appreciated.

 As they sat together one evening, the quiet hum of their conversation filled the room.

"I think it's time I go home," Aurora finally spoke, her voice carrying a mix of determination and apprehension.

Leah looked at her, her heart sinking at the thought of Aurora leaving. "Are you sure?" she asked softly, her concern evident in her voice.

Aurora hesitated, sensing Leah's reluctance. "I... I think I need to go home," she explained, her voice tinged with sadness.

Leah nodded slowly, struggling to hide her emotions. "I can drop you off tomorrow," she offered quietly, hoping Aurora might change her mind.

Aurora shook her head gently. "No, Leah. I mean... Spain home," she clarified, her eyes searching Leah's face for understanding.

Leah's heart sank further at Aurora's words. "Oh," she murmured softly, her mind racing with thoughts of how much she would miss her.

Concerned about Aurora's next steps, Leah gently broached the topic. "Do you have a ticket?" she asked, trying to maintain a semblance of practicality despite her inner turmoil.

Aurora hesitated, her gaze drifting away momentarily. "Not yet," she admitted quietly, sensing Leah's conflicted feelings.

Leah took a deep breath, steeling herself to voice her concerns. "I... I don't want you to go," she confessed softly, her voice filled with vulnerability.

Aurora looked at Leah with a mixture of understanding and sadness. "I know," she said gently, reaching out to squeeze Leah's hand in reassurance. "But I think I need to."

Leah nodded slowly, tears welling up in her eyes. "I'll miss you," she admitted, her voice breaking slightly.

Aurora pulled Leah into a heartfelt embrace, holding her close. "I'll miss you too," she whispered, her own voice thick with emotion.

"Are you going to stay with Alexia?" Leah asked softly, trying to keep her tone light despite the ache in her heart.

Aurora nodded quietly. "That's the plan," she confirmed, a small smile flickering across her face.

Leah couldn't help but try to lighten the mood with a joke. "Does she know about this plan?" she teased gently.

Aurora chuckled softly, shaking her head. "No, she does not," she admitted, her smile fading slightly.

Leah's expression softened with understanding. "You should probably tell her," she encouraged gently, her voice filled with empathy.

Aurora sighed, her shoulders slumping with the weight of uncertainty. "I'm scared," she confessed quietly, her vulnerability showing.

Leah reached out, squeezing Aurora's hand reassuringly. "I can be here with you when you call her," she offered sincerely. "You don't have to say or do anything you're not ready for."

Aurora nodded gratefully, feeling a surge of gratitude for Leah's unwavering support. "Let's call her now," she decided, her voice gaining resolve. "And then we can look for tickets."

Leah nodded in agreement, offering Aurora her hand. "Okay," she agreed softly, allowing herself to be led to the couch.

Aurora dialled Alexia's number while sitting on Leah's lap, a gesture that momentarily surprised Leah. Aurora hadn't been one for much physical affection since the attack, aside from occasional hugs. But now, as Aurora settled into Leah's side, she felt Aurora move her arms around her waist, seeking comfort and closeness.