Welcome

Then, on December 10, 2018, one week earlier than expected, Aurora was in hospital ready to welcome her baby into the world. It was a challenging yet ultimately transformative experience. 

Leah was by Aurora's side in the delivery room, her presence a steady source of strength as Aurora brought their baby boy into the world. The pride Leah felt was overwhelming, her eyes shining with tears of joy as she watched Aurora cradle their son for the first time.

As she held her new-born son in her arms for the first time, a profound sense of joy and gratitude washed over her.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A few hours later, after both mother and baby had rested, Aurora felt ready for visitors. Unfortunately, Mapi and Alexia were tied up with recovery training and wouldn't be available until the evening. Since Aurora had gone into labour late on December 9th, they were still unaware that the baby had been born.

Before allowing Eli and Alba into the room, Aurora sent a quick message to Alexia, asking if they were on break. As luck would have it, Alexia and Mapi were just finishing their break with ice baths, a perfect opportunity to connect. Aurora, feeling a bit bored and wanting to talk to someone other than Leah, asked Alexia to grab Mapi.

The two friends waited eagerly by their phones as Aurora prepared to video call them. When Alexia and Mapi answered, they were greeted with the serene sight of a tiny baby fast asleep in the hospital crib. Mapi let out a high-pitched squeak of excitement, startling everyone around her and, unfortunately, waking the baby. The baby began to cry, and Alexia playfully scolded Mapi for the disturbance.

Mapi and Alexia immediately began quizzing Aurora for details, their curiosity piqued. Aurora, with a tired but happy smile, glanced at Leah. Leah leaned into the camera and announced with pride that they had been right—the baby was indeed a boy. Mapi began chanting "El Toro," which made Aurora laugh and brought a smile to Alexia's face.

Their joy was contagious, but soon it was time for Alexia and Mapi to return to their ice baths. With promises to visit as soon as they could, they ended the call.

When Alexia and Mapi returned to the ice baths, their teammates immediately began bombarding them with questions. However, Alexia and Mapi remained tight-lipped, responding only with shit-eating grins plastered across their faces. Determined to finish recovery as quickly as possible, they plunged into the ice baths with unprecedented speed, eager to see their new nephew.

Their teammates were left bewildered by the unusual behaviour, exchanging puzzled glances but receiving no explanations. With no answers forthcoming, they eventually shrugged it off. All the while, the two friends' minds were filled with the excitement of meeting Aurora's baby boy, anticipating the joyful visit ahead.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When Eli and Alba entered the room, they were both visibly emotional, their eyes brimming with tears. Leah, beaming with pride, gently offered the baby to them. Eli carefully cradled the newborn, his expression softening as he gazed at the tiny face.

"He looks just like you, Aurora," Eli said, his voice filled with wonder.

Leah leaned in, adding with a smile, "He's got her eyes as well."

Aurora's heart swelled with love and gratitude, feeling surrounded by the warmth and support of those around her. This little boy, with his mother's features and his family's love, had already brought so much joy into their lives despite being created in a dark time.