"Sick"

The morning light filtered gently through the curtains, casting a warm glow over the room. Aurora blinked slowly, taking in the peaceful scene around her. She felt the soft weight of Mateo pressed against her side, his tiny body nestled comfortably in the curve of her arm. Her heart swelled with affection as she adjusted her grip to ensure he didn't roll off the bed.

Behind her, Leah was a comforting presence, her body curled against Aurora's back, holding her tightly as if she were afraid to let go. Aurora could feel Leah's breath against her skin, the rhythm soothing and steady. But it was Leah's hands that made Aurora smile—a warm touch resting under the top she wore, fingers exploring the bare skin of her waist and hip, pulling her closer with each gentle caress.

Aurora shifted slightly, trying to figure out how to extricate herself from the cocoon of warmth without waking either of them. As she contemplated her escape, Leah's hands began to roam over her skin more insistently, seeking to draw her back into their comfortable embrace. Leah mumbled something sleepily, her voice a soft, melodic hum that made Aurora's heart flutter.

Unable to stifle a laugh, Aurora turned her head slightly, letting the sound bubble up in delight. The sound seemed to penetrate Leah's dreams, and Leah stirred, planting a soft kiss on Aurora's shoulder. "How long have you been awake?" she asked, her voice still thick with sleep, laced with a hint of curiosity.

"Not long at all," Aurora replied, feeling a warmth spread through her at the intimacy of the moment.

Leah craned her neck, peering over Aurora's shoulder to check on Mateo, who was blissfully sleeping, his cherubic face relaxed and peaceful. Leah's finger brushed lightly against Mateo's cheek, a gentle motion that filled Aurora with gratitude for the way Leah always cared so deeply for their son. "He feels a bit hot," Leah observed, her brow furrowing with concern.

Aurora sighed, feeling the weight of worry settle in her chest. "I know," she said softly, her voice barely above a whisper. It had been a restless night, and she could feel the slight warmth radiating from Mateo's little body against her. She knew she needed to check his temperature, but she also knew that moving would disturb the delicate balance of their morning cocoon.

Leah's eyes remained fixed on Mateo for a moment longer, her expression shifting from concern to maternal instinct. Aurora could see the gears turning in her mind as she weighed the options. Leah's worry was palpable, and it made Aurora's heart ache with love for both of them.

"Should we check?" Leah suggested, glancing back at Aurora, her voice still laced with sleep.

"Yeah," Aurora replied, the decision made for them as the concern for their son overcame the desire to stay wrapped up in each other's warmth. She shifted slightly, careful not to disturb Mateo, but as she tried to sit up, Leah's arms tightened around her, anchoring her in place.

"Where do you think you're going?" Leah murmured playfully, a sleepy smile spreading across her face.

"I'm going to get the thermometer," Aurora explained, her lips curling into a soft grin at Leah's playful demeanor. But she couldn't move more than an inch without feeling Leah's warmth enveloping her, an irresistible pull that made it hard to leave.

Leah let out a soft huff, burying her face into Aurora's back. "But I want to hold you a little longer," she whined, her hands finding their way back under the top, fingers tracing light patterns against Aurora's skin.

Aurora chuckled, the sound bubbling up from her chest, realizing just how lucky she was to have this moment—this life—shared between the three of them. "I know, amor. Just give me a second, and then I'll come right back," she promised, turning her head to plant a quick kiss on Leah's forehead.