Could you be...?

Before boarding her private flight to Barcelona, Aurora and Leah shared a moment that would linger in both their memories. As they stood in a secluded corner of the airport, away from prying eyes, Aurora leaned in and pressed her lips to Leah's, the kiss lingering longer than their previous ones. Leah stood there, stunned by the unexpected tenderness and depth of feeling behind it.

"Thank you," Aurora murmured softly as they pulled apart, her eyes searching Leah's with sincerity. "I'll text you when I land."

Leah blinked, still trying to process the rush of emotions and the taste of Aurora's lips on hers. "Yeah," she managed to say, her voice barely above a whisper. "Please do."

Aurora chuckled softly, a sound that brought warmth back into Leah's stunned silence. "We've kissed many times before," she teased gently, a playful glint in her eyes.

Leah shook her head slightly, a smile tugging at the corners of her mouth. "But that was different," she admitted quietly, her heart racing with conflicting emotions.

Aurora nodded understandingly, her gaze softening. "I know," she replied softly, reaching out to gently touch Leah's cheek. "Thank you for everything, Leah. I mean it."

Leah swallowed past the lump in her throat, her eyes fixed on Aurora's face, committing every detail to memory. "Take care of yourself," she managed to say, her voice thick with unspoken longing.

With one last smile, Aurora turned and walked toward the gate, disappearing from Leah's sight but not from her thoughts.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Aurora had successfully slipped into Barcelona and settled into Alexia's apartment without anyone noticing. For weeks, they maintained their secret, enjoying a sense of normalcy amidst the quiet understanding shared between Alexia, Mapi, and Leah, who Aurora kept in touch with regularly through texts and late-night calls.

However, one day, Alexia made a crucial oversight. She forgot that her mother, Eli, and her sister, Alba, were due to visit for dinner at her place. As they walked into the apartment, they were taken aback to see Aurora standing in the kitchen, deep in conversation with Alexia.

Alba, rushed over to Aurora with open arms, expecting the usual warm embrace. But Aurora froze, her body tensing at the unexpected physical contact. Sensing Aurora's discomfort, Alexia gently pulled Alba away, though Alba looked hurt by the lack of reciprocation.

Aurora quickly apologized, her voice tinged with regret. "Sorry," she murmured, her eyes downcast.

Alexia stepped in reassuringly, placing a hand on Alba's shoulder. "It's okay," she said softly, addressing her sister's confusion. "Alba, she's not feeling very keen on affection at the moment."

Alba nodded understandingly, her expression softening as she processed the situation. Meanwhile, Eli, standing nearby, sought to shift the focus to Aurora's well-being.

"How are you, querida?" Eli asked gently, her concern evident in her voice.

Aurora took a moment to gather herself, meeting Eli's gaze with a small, grateful smile. "I'm better," she replied honestly, her voice steady with resolve.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A few nights later, Aurora called Alexia into her room, a sense of determination in her voice. Alexia entered cautiously, sensing the gravity of the conversation to come.

"I want to tell you what happened," Aurora began quietly, her gaze steady. "I need to."

Alexia hesitated for a moment, wanting to respect Aurora's boundaries but also realizing the importance of this moment for her friend. "You don't have to," she offered gently, concern etching her features.