CHAPTER THIRTEEN

Sammy's POV

Treachery is my worst enemy!Majority of my life has been based on lies and deceit, so I would never do such to anyone

Majority of my life has been based on lies and deceit, so I would never do such to anyone. I never imagined that I might be the cause of someone's pain. To the extent that I am being called a distraction.

I felt sorry for that girl, so I accompanied her to the hospital without her knowledge, to show my support.

"Man let's just go back to the hotel, let's not meddle!" Ryan scolded me, while I was steering the wheel and following the ambulance.

I was unperturbed by his statement, so I focused on the ambulance's destination.

"Bro are you listening to me? Let's go back!" Ryan yawped at me.

"Listen, WE'RE NOT GOING BACK NOW! SO QUIT INSISTING ON THAT!!"
He gave me a long fixed look before eye rolling me and giving up.

The ambulance eventually stopped at the hospital, and I parked at the parking lot. I got down suddenly and rushed to the ambulance, as that girl helped the parademics get her mother down. She saw me immediately and gave me a cold stare, before accompanying her mother alongside with the parademics into the hospital. I pondered on why she acted like that, then I entered the hospital with Ryan.

"Doctor, doctor!" She called at the top of her voice, "Please help my mother. She got into an accident and passed out, please do something -" she explained to the doctor immediately he came.

"We'll take it from here. Nurse-" the doctor said, and started ordering the nurses around. Her mother was transferred from the stretcher onto the hospital's bed. The door was closed and we couldn't see what was going on, except by peeking through the round glass window on the door.

The girl leaned on the door and weeped, "M-mo-mother-"
I offered my support to her by asking her nicely to take a seat and calm down, she got all mad and arrogantly pushed me away.

"You better STAY AWAY from ME!" She howled, and I glared at her in awe.
"This is all YOUR FAULT !!" Her voice dripping with venom and despair.

"What are you saying?" I asked curiously, as tears gathered my eyes.

"THE TRUTH! I'M SAYING THE TRUTH!! "

A nurse came over to us and pleaded that we keep it down, we were in a hospital after all.

"Let's resolve this calmly, there must be a misunderstanding" I said, trying to reason with her.

"MISUNDERSTOOD MY FOOT! I'm not a fool, and I can tell when I'm misunderstanding something, in this case I am not"

"HOW EXACTLY AM I TO BLAME?" I yelled, losing my temper.

"WHY DID YOU SPLASH ME WITH MUD?! HUH? COULDN'T YOU JUST LET IT SLIDE?! YOU JUST HAD TO PROVE YOURSELF, LIKE THE EGOTISTIC MANIAC YOU ARE!! A BIG DISTRACTION!"

"WHY DIDN'T YOU APOLOGIZE?" I yelled and punched the wall behind her in anger.
Her eyes widened as she made an audible gasp and breathed heavily in trepidation.
There was a fraught silence, everyone outstaring us.

"I have just one thing to say to you.." she said softly with a sigh, shutting her eyes in grief.

"Then say it!"

With folded hands, she looked me in the eye and said the inevitable, "Go away from me".

My heart skipped a beat in disappointment, trying to swallow the bomb thrown at me. I stared at her; her long face, her dolorous expression, her unbelievable aura of insufferable complacency.
Despite the sympathy I had towards her, I shut my eyes and squeezed my fist in aggrievation before backing away from her slowly. She wants to be away from me, so I shall give her the space she needs; enough distance.

"I am not someone who is excessively self-centered, which is why I supported that girl, even though today was supposed to be all about celebration!" I vented, stomping out of the hospital, with Ryan lending me a listening ear.

"I understand how you feel now, but I'm requesting you take it e-"

"My day was RUINED! I sacrificed today for her sake, and this is how she repays me?!"

I was vexed; I slammed the car door shut and started the engine. Ryan quickly got in before I sped off, leaving him stranded.
I pulled the gear shifter and sped off in annoyance.
I didn't stop speeding till we got to the hotel. On arriving at the hotel, I angrily walked to our room and slammed the door.

Ryan came in after sometime, closing the door softly. "Sammy, you need to calm down-".

"When are you finishing up?" I said sharply.

"Huh?".

"When are you finishing with the work you have in this stupid village?!"

"Sammy-"

"WHEN?" I shouted and stood up suddenly.

"I don't..... maybe in a week's time-"

"WELL I'M SORRY RYAN, BUT I CAN'T STAY HERE FOR ONE MORE MINUTE!"

"What are you getting at?" He snapped and shoved me.

I shoved his shoulder aside and said;
"Three words; I AM LEAVING!"

"C'mon Sammy! You can't be serious".

"Believe it or not!" I said, packing my things up.

"Sammy you can't do this! You can't leave me here".

"I'm sorry man, but I can't stay here much longer".

"WHY DOES THAT GIRL HAVE SO MUCH EFFECT ON YOU?!" He yelled, overwhelmed by emotions.

"ENOUGH MAN! WATCH WHAT YOU SAY".

"AM I SAYING SOMETHING WRONG!!?" he yelled and threw the clothes I already packed up, to the ground. Feeling irated at that moment, I faced him and gave him a heavy punch on his face.

He held his cheeks in surprise and glared at me. He chuckled loudly and clapped his hands sarcastically, "W-Wow! Bravo Sammy! Deny it all you want, THAT GIRL HAS AN EFFECT ON YOU!"
I clenched my teeth in anger and disagreement. I didn't want to hurt him further, so I left the room angrily!

I didn't know where I was going, I just kept walking in anger. Whenever I get angry, calming down becomes a problem and I end up hurting the people I care about.
"Please, take care of my daughter" That woman's words started flashing in my head, and it gave me a migraine.

"Urghhhh" I gnashed my teeth in pain and held my forehead.
I sat down on a nearby bench, and that woman's words became clearer in my head; 'They-They'll ruin her".

Those where her last words before passing out, and I couldn't get it off my chest.

Word count: 1,086