CHAPTER NINETEEN

Diana's POV

"Stop the car!!! I said stop it!!" I yelled, hitting the old man who stole me, repeatedly

"Stop the car!!! I said stop it!!" I yelled, hitting the old man who stole me, repeatedly. He was unaffected by the pain I caused him. "Why did you steal me? What do you want from me?!" I yelled.

"JUST SHUT UP!" He yelled at me, and kept driving, trying to loose all those brothel securities that were after us.

Something heavy collided with our car, and the engine went off. We looked behind us, and saw those men's vehicle; They hit us!

"Quick, get down!" The old man ordered.
Who does he think he is to order me around? Especially after stealing me!
"No!" I said assertively, while folding my arms in disagreement.

"What? What's your problem? I said get down!!" He shouted and brought out a knife 🔪.

I got scared, so I obeyed him and got out of the car. Those men surrounded us, and started attacking the old man. The old man started fighting them, throwing punches and giving them kicks. I mean, this is an old man we're talking about! How can someone this old, still have the energy to fight and keep fit. I had my doubts.

One of the men grabbed a hold of me and placed a knife on my neck.
"HEY!" he yelled, "Enough of this drama! I swear I'll kill both of you today!! On your KNEES you oldie! NOW!"

"Ahhhh!" I screamed.

The old man slowly went on his knees and surrendered, "P-Please, don't hurt her!" He pleaded. Why do I matter to this old man? With everything that had happened so far, it seemed like he was trying to save me, not harm me. But why?

All the men laughed at the old man, then they started hitting him. They gave him multiple punches, and slaps. A heavy slap was given to him, and his beard fell off. What?

The men stopped hitting him, while I stared in shock at who it was....Sammy!

"YOU?!" I asked, surprised. He rolled his eyes at me, and thankfully the men were distracted, so Sammy stealthily threw a stone at the man who held me hostage. The man released me, and held his head. The rest men, ran to him and started asking if he was alright, while Sammy and I ran for our lives!!!

I heard the man say, "Stop worrying about me you idiots, get them!!!"

We ran into a nearby temple to hide from those men. The men ran past the temple, thinking we were farther from the temple.
We sighed deeply in relief and panted heavily. "Thank God we lost them" I said.

Sammy kept staring at me, "Why are you looking at me?" I snapped. He came back to reality and sputtered, "Erm, nothing! I was just -"

"Leave it!" I rolled my eyes.

"What's with the attitude? I just saved your life!"

"So? Should I offer a prayer for you?".

"A simple thank you will do! But, you lack courtesy and manners ".

"I'm not going to take any insults from you just because you saved me! Better watch what you say!"

"Whatever!" he muttered, and rolled his eyes at me. It started raining suddenly, and I couldn't help but groan. I guess it's raining season, it also rained yesterday, after I lost...mother..
I got verklempt about the loss of my mother as a tear fell from my eye. Mother was really gone, and grandma really wanted to get rid of me, so she sold me off since she couldn't send me off to my in-laws.

"Are you okay?" Sammy asked. He noticed I was crying, so he sat next to me on the ground, and held my shoulder. "What's wrong Dia?"

I glared at him, and remembered how all this was his FAULT! He was the reason for my mother's death!!! HE IS MY ENEMY!
Anger overcame me and my blood began to boil as I reminisced the entire accident scene. Feeling overwhelmed at the moment, I pushed him away from me, and his back hit the wall behind him.

He stared at me in turmoil, "What gives?"

I sniffed and wiped my tears away, "Stay away from me!" I said, clearly hurt. Goosebumps gathered my skin due to cold, and I shivered. He handed me the coat he was wearing, but I refused it.

"I'm fine. I don't need your help!" I said.

"Stop trying to act like you've got everything under control! Take the coat, or you'll fall sick" he handed me the coat, I desperately needed it, so I snatched it from him and rolled my eyes at him.

He chuckled at bit and shook his head, "You really should learn how to put your ego aside sometimes ".

"What exactly do you mean by that? Infact, what do you want from me? Why did you save me? And the most intriguing question is, how did you know I was at that brothel? Are you stalking me?"

"You don't need to know how, because I won't tell you! If you think I'm stalking you, then so be it!"

"What's your problem? Why can't you just leave me alone?!!! Get lost from my life, I do not need you!!" I lost my cool, and he glared at me. The tension was really high, so I got up to leave.

He held my hand, "Where do you think you're going?".

"Why do you want to know? You don't need to know anything about me, just move on with your life!" I said, struggling to release my hand.

"Of course I need to know! I have to make sure you don't get into any more trouble because you can't help but land in trouble all the time!"

"That's a lie. I'm old enough to take care of myself, so mind your business!"

"I can't mind my business, you're my responsibility now!"

I scoffed, "In your dreams! I am going to live my life on my own terms! I don't need my grandma or aunt, and definitely NOT YOU!"

"Well, I'm sorry but I can't let you go! I made a promise to your mother, it was her dying wish".

"DON'T YOU DARE TALK ABOUT MY MOTHER! YOU'RE THE REASON FOR HER DEATH!!!".

"HOW?!!!"

I rolled my eyes and chuckled sarcastically, "Just leave it! And LEAVE ME!" I pulled my hand from his grip, and turned to leave, but he held me again. "LEAVE ME ALONE!" I yelled in anger, my voice dripping with venom.

"NEVER! Insult me all you want, but you are now my responsibility and I'll make sure you never leave!"
He forcefully pulled me into the place of worship in the temple, while I resisted and struggled, "Let me go! What are you doing?" I cried, "Help, Help!!".

He immediately applied a handful vermillion on my head; which signifies marriage....

Word count: 1,144

*†***†***†"***†****†****†"***†*
*Gasp*

Did Sammy just marry Dia?!😲

Ion know if I wrote this chapter well, I feel like I didn't modify it enough 😟. Did you like it?

Thank you for reading, please don't forget to vote and comment your thoughts.