CHAPTER FOURTY-FOUR

Diana's POV

"I'm sorry I wasn't there for you and your mother when you both needed me the most

"I'm sorry I wasn't there for you and your mother when you both needed me the most. I'm sorry, please forgive me and accept me as a part of your life." Selena's Dad pleaded with me, folding his hands in tears. I was also in tears after realizing that Mr Rathore is my biological father. He is the reason why mother had to suffer for so many years. He raped her and ruined her life, and here he was begging for my forgiveness. Does he seriously think it's that easy?

"You don't deserve my forgiveness sir. Thank you very much for donating blood for me, you can leave now." My voice was cracked, indicating how badly I was hurt.

"Please my child-"

"Don't!" I retorted sharply pointing my finger at him. After realizing I was being a bit rude, I sighed and regained my composure. "Please don't refer to me as your child. It would be better if things just stayed the way they are, for peace to reign."

"I do hope you find it in your heart to forgive me someday." I avoided looking him in the eye. He wiped his tears and forced a smile before leaving the ward.

Sammy tried to reason with me, but I wasn't just having it. "It's been 20 years, and suddenly he shows up when I don't need him!"

"I agree with you Diana, but you've gotta forgive him someday." Avi said to me.

"Avi is right. He's still your father. "

"True." Ryan added.

"And I don't give a damn! Can we just navigate the topic, please."

They all kept quiet and helped me get discharged. I was already feeling so weak, and Mr Rathore just had to weaken me even more. I'm glad I was able to hold myself back, because God knows I would have attacked him! He's a shameless rapist! I hate him!!

********†*****†**********†**********

"Enough with all these drama mom! Diana is my wife, the sooner you understand that, the better it'll be for you and everyone else!" Sammy's voice echoed loudly through the mansion. Aunt Flora was taken aback by Sammy's mannerless behaviour, her eyes were filled with fury and anger. I thought she was going to hit Sammy for sure, but she didn't.

"Over my dead body! I will never accept a maid as my daughter-in-law."

"Watch your tongue mom!"

"OR WHAT?! WHAT WILL YOU DO?!!" Aunt Flora yelled out, her tone filled with frustration and rage. Sammy stayed quiet for a while, not knowing what to say next. Grandma Kiran stepped in to support Sam, but aunt Flora rudely put her mother-in-law in her place.

"What has come over you Flora? Are you mad? Have you forgotten who you're talking to?" Grandma Kiran yelled at her. But Aunt Flora seemed unbothered by the things grandma Kiran said to her. Her main focus was on Sammy and me.

She scowled at me and threw an insult, which aggrievated Sammy even more.

"I think this house wouldn't contain  us anymore." Sammy said. Aunt Flora eyes widened as tears welled her eyes.

"So you want to abandon your own mother for some girl?" She asked, obviously hurt.

"Point of correction mom, she's not just some girl, she's my wife!"

"Sammy--"

"Yes mom. Just accept it. And I will get married to Diana again, to renew our vows."

"You better count me out! I will not attend your wedding."

"I'm not expecting you."

Tears streamed down aunt Flora's cheeks as she stared at her son."You've changed so much."

"Well, maybe it's the result for my father's absence in my life!" Sammy's comeback was obviously meant to hurt his mother's feelings, which wasn't fair. I felt like the main reason for their misunderstandings.

"Come on Diana." Sammy grabbed my hand. I resisted for a bit and asked, "Where are we going?"

"We are moving out! We can't stay where we are not wanted." he looked at his mom once more, before leading me upstairs.

When we got upstairs, I tried reasoning with him, but he wasn't having it.

Karma's a real bitch!

Avi also decided to move out with us because she found an apartment that's not too far from our college.
Sammy made a few phone calls and made arrangements for our relocation to another mansion he owns. He inherited the property from his father.

We packed up our stuffs and went back downstairs. Grandma Kiran cried and pleaded that Sammy and I stayed, but there was nothing I could do to convince him. He wasn't willing to listen.

"Don't worry grandma, you can come visiting sometimes. And make sure you attend our wedding."

"I wouldn't miss it for anything" We both bent down to touch her feet for her blessings. "Bless you two. May you always stay happy."

Sammy is seriously planning our wedding? I thought it was just a joke or perhaps he said it out of spite. But he sounds super serious. It's not like I'm not excited, I just feel it's too soon. With all that has happened so far, I really need a break, but I don't want to hurt his feelings. Afterall he's fighting against all odds just to be with me.

****************†*******************

"Are we going to live here?" I asked Sammy as I opened my mouth in awe and pure amazement.

He looked at me like I was crazy as some butlers off-loaded our stuffs. But damn, that jawn he calls a house is crazily massive!

It looks just like my dream house! It looked so peaceful, it's all I've ever wanted; peace!

"Yeah. This is where we are going to spend the rest of our lives, together." he leaned closer to me and planted a light and tender kiss on my cheek.

That was the first time he did that, and it felt so weird. My stomach churned and my cheeks turned pure red. Why must my hormones embarrass me publicly?

"Let's go in Mrs Diana Sammy Oberoi." he stretched his hand to me.

"Hmm, that sounds so right!" I blushed profusely and took his hand.

Word count : 1,023