CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE

EXTRA LONG CHAPTER FOR Y'ALL! LET'S GO!!

†*******†****†****†******†*****†***†
Selena's POV

As always, I woke up with a bad headache, feeling depressed

I did my regular routine, prayed for Sammy's wellbeing and got ready for whatever the day had in store for me. I went downstairs for breakfast, mom and dad were already there, and I felt ashamed for some reason. The disgrace I suffered yesterday because of Sammy, made me feel embarrassed to face anyone.

"Good morning mom, good morning dad" I greeted rapidly and hung my head in shame. Mom scoffed at me, while dad just gave me a weak, yet assuring smile. I grabbed a seat at the dining and settled down for breakfast.

Mom cleared her throat and glared at me, "Sely, your dad and I have something we would like to discuss with you". I felt a little bit anxious all of a sudden, but I regained my composure and forced a smile, "What is it?".

"Your dad and I arranged a suitor for you, and he is coming to meet you with his family this evening" Mom replied confidently, sipping her glass of wine. My immediate reaction was one of aggrieve, "WHAT?" An angry outburst from my lips.

"YOU, arranged the suitor Kanika, not US!" retorted Dad.

Mom reacted sharply to dad's statement, "This is why you can't ever be a good father, you are a born coward!". Dad's expression was full of rage and fury, but he was able to control himself and didn't hurt or say anything to mom.

Mom swivel-eyed dad and continued with me, "Dear, please agree to this alliance. Sammy is clearly not the right man for you. He clearly does not care whether you live or die! He is a selfish person, I can't let you spend the rest of your life with such a person".

I lost my temper and stood up in haste as I smacked the dinning table, "There's no way I'm agreeing to this alliance Mom! Never! I will marry Sammy and that's final!".

Mom's vexation was evident from the look she gave me. She lost her temper as well and attacked me with her comeback, "Enough with this obsession! That boy isn't worth you, or your money!"

"Who the heck told you Sammy is playing me for my wealth?" I said, in a witty manner.

"Keep your mouth shut Selena Rathore! Don't speak to me in such a manner, I am your mother" Mom's rage was getting out of control, and she almost hit me but dad obstructed her from doing so.

"Control yourself Kanika, what's wrong with you?" Dad scolded mom, while I hid behind him in fear.

"She will never learn Vivek! She keeps talking about marrying that lowlife, Sammy. He is completely useless, but she does not want to understand!"

"Oh really Kanika? Fine, let's just forget about Sammy for a while, but tell me something. Out of all the suitors in the world, why did you choose your business partner's son, Ajay, for Sely? For your own selfish interest, so check yourself before judging others! YOU ARE ALSO SELFISH!"