CHAPTER TWELVE

Hey! It's your lovely author again. Sorry if you notice any grammatical error, I was in a rush. Nevertheless, do tell me if I made an error somewhere. I'm always open for corrections, and you know it😙😉
Dedicated to my one and only bae: l0wk3y2006

************************************

Diana's POV

I placed mother on my laps immediately I sat on the ground

I placed mother on my laps immediately I sat on the ground. She was bleeding profusely, and trying to keep her eyes open.
"Mother, Mother, do-don't close your eyes! I'm here mother, you'll be fine" I cried, rubbing her forehead softly.

"D-Dia... ta-ke care of y-y-yourself.." mother stammered weakly.

"Mother please don't speak like that! You'll be fine" I looked around, and people were just standing and staring at us, "WHAT ARE YOU ALL LOOKING AT?!!! SOMEONE CALL AN AMBULANCE!!" I yelled; my voice was cracked and hoarse.

"On it!" someone said, and grabbed their phone.

"D-Dia!" mother called out to me, and held my cheeks, "My sw-eetheart. I wa-nt you to promise me something".

"Mother, why are you talking like this?! Nothing's going to happen to you!" my heart raced in fear.

"Dear, p-romise me y-you'll m-ake me pr-proud!"

"MOTHER THAT'S ENOUGH -"

"Promise me Dia".

"Mother please don't do this"

"Promise me my child!" she smiled weakly. It pricked my heart to see her in such a state. I couldn't help but blame and curse myself.

"I promise " I mumbled, tears flooding my face in sheer anguish.

She looked behind me, and I turned to see what she was looking at. That's when I realized that Sammy had followed me.
"You should go!" I said in a cracked tone.
He looked down at his feet and sighed heavily. "I-" he muttered, but words didn't come out.

Mother called out to Sammy, and he knelt down close to mother, "Yes ma'am?"
"Please take care of m-my angel for me!" mother said to Sammy with a smile.

"Mother what are you saying? We don't know this man, he's -"

"Please promise me you'll always be with my child " mother cried out, "Don't leave her alone please. They-they will ru-in her! Th-they'll ruin her life! I'm begging you-" Her eyes closed slowly and she stopped speaking; She passed out!

"Ma'am?" Sammy called out to her.

"Mother? Mommy? Where's the AMBULANCE?!" I yelled, "Mom please open your eyes " I cried, shutting my eyes in despair and hugging her to my chest.

Sammy was still shocked by mother's statement, and he looked numb.
I'm sure he didn't know what to say, and the last thing I wanted was to have anything to do with HIM! I faced him and said, "I'm sorry!"

He frowned his brows in turmoil, "What?" he asked, tears building up in his eyes.

"I said I'm sorry! There I said it! Isn't that what you wanted? You've gotten it now, so I request you with folded hands" I folded my hands, "Just leave ME ALONE!"

He stared at me in disbelief ; like he had a lot to say, but didn't know what to say.
"I'm -"

The ambulance siren blew, and we all were alerted by the sound it made.
The parademics helped mother up and got her into the van. I got into the van too, and sat next to mother, requesting her to open her eyes.

I looked outside the van's window, and Sammy was still kneeling there with a confused look on his face. His friend held his shoulders, and helped him up. He stared at me in sorrow.

I turned my face from him immediately and started to realize the TRUTH! It was all his fault!!! If he hadn't splashed me with mud, I would have gone back to mother on time. She wouldn't have come outside the park looking for me. Both of us would have been together, eating cotton candy and celebrating my birthday! All because of that Sammy, I got distracted! He was nothing but a DISTRACTION! He kept demanding for an apology for such a petty issue. I BLAME HIM! I HATE HIM! I CURSE THE DAY I MET HIM!!!!! I WILL NEVER EVER FORGIVE HIM IF SOMETHING HAPPENS TO MY MOTHER!! EVER!

*****************************
Sorry for such a short chapter. I'll make it up to you guys, I promise.
Please don't forget to hit that little star at the bottom 👇 to support me. Thank you for reading and have a great day 🌹