CHAPTER THIRTY-EIGHT

Selena's POV

Finally! The day I have earnestly been waiting for has finally arrived

My wedding!!! Ahhhhh!

"I'm so excited" I said to mom, while the makeup artist applied my makeup

"I'm so excited" I said to mom, while the makeup artist applied my makeup. She gave me a weak smile and folded her arms.

"Mom? What's wrong?" I asked, staring at her in my dresser's mirror.

"It's just, are you sure you want to go ahead with this wedding?". My mood changed instantly, so I dismissed the makeup artist so that me and mom could have some privacy.

"Mom, listen to me carefully" I started, standing up from my chair and walking over to her. "Nothing can stop this marriage, absolutely nothing. Not even me! So don't ask me that question again. You of all people should know how I have anxiously anticipated this day".

"Dear, I know. But I'm worried because I don't think Sammy loves you. He loves that maid, and I witnessed just how much he cares for her the other day".

"Well I don't care!" I yelled. "After marriage, Sammy will have no choice but to fall for me! So quit worrying" I sat down back and motioned for the makeup artist.

"Besides, I have something planned for Diana. She was able to escape my trap narrowly the other day, but this time, I will make sure I humiliate her" I grinned evily, while mom stared at me.

***†*****†******†****
The wedding procession began, and I was the only one sitting at the alter. Sammy hadn't arrived, though the wedding took place at his house.

What excuse is he going to give for being late?

"Dear" Aunt Flora motioned for me. She came over to where I was seated. "I want to give you something" She handed me a jewelry box.

"Mom, what's this?" I asked, smiling and examining the box.

"Open it dear". I opened the box and there was an expensive necklace in it.

"Oh my, this looks really expensive!" I exclaimed.

Aunt Flora smiled at me, and put the necklace round my neck. "It is expensive dear. This necklace was given to me by grandma Kiran when I became her daughter-in-law. I have kept it safe for so many years. Now, I want you to have it, and promise me you'll keep it safe"