CHAPTER SIXTEEN

Diana's POV

"Where do you think you're going girl?" Shariti yelled, pulling me by my hair, "You can never leave this place! This is now your home and your destiny!"

"Ahh, l-et me g-o-" I cried out in pain, trying to release my hair from her grip.

"Roland! Roland!!" Shariti called out.

A young looking thug came out of a room from the inside, "Yes boss?"

"We have a new visitor, show her her room and make sure she feels comfortable. Here-" She threw me in Roland's arms.

"This one is hot boss" Roland said, flirty-like.

"I know, right? She will be of great use to our business. Take her away!"

"Madam please, I'm begging you to please let me go. Please, I have goals I want to achieve. I made a promise to my late mother, please -" I pleaded.

"Quiet! " she snapped, "What are you waiting for, take her away from here".

"Yes ma'am " Roland said, pulling me away, while I struggled and cried out profusely, "Please ma'am, have mercyyyyy-"

Roland threw me inside a room, where many girls were dressing up."You all have a new friend, make her understand our concept. She keeps acting stubborn!" He left and shut the door.
I ran to the door, banging it loudly,"Please, let me goooo! I don't want to be here... please have mercy -" I broke down in tears and fell on the floor.
Three girls came to me, and helped me up. Then they sat me down on the bed.
"Listen babe, this is your life now. It will be better if you accept it now, else the consequences are brutal. You can never leave this place until someone comes for you" One of the girls said, applying a red lipstick.

"Sara is right" Another girl said, referring to the girl who was applying lipstick, Sara.
"These people are dangerous, you should just behave yourself and accept your fate".

"Have you all gone mad? This is not my fate! So I ask that you all leave me alone and mind your businesses, I can get out of here by myself!" I howled at them, with a distraught look on my face.

I carried on with my knocking on the door and yelling out, "GET ME OUT OF HERE!"

Roland barged in roughly and squeezed my neck, "Didn't I ask you to stay quiet!!!!" He shouted, while I continuously choked and tapped his wrist  indicating that he let go.
He finally let go, and pushed me to the ground. "Idiot! Hey, you all better make sure she's well dressed for the show. We must introduce her to our customers" He smiled at me lustfully, and left the room.

The girls dragged me from the ground and forced me to wear their skimpy clothes. I refused, but they said if I didn't wear it, their lives will be at risk; afterall it was their responsibility to deck me up.
I surrendered and got dressed, I didn't want to be the cause of other people's death, again.

We were all ordered to come outside to perform. All of us went on stage one after the other, and I watched in awe from the backstage with some other girls, as the first girl, Sara, went out to "perform". Listen, I honestly thought the performance was only dancing for all these lustful men, but it was not! The men weren't ordinary men, they were rich men who negotiated on girls!

Roland was the host, and he kept putting a price on Sara, "Can I hear 20, 000?"

"20,000!" An old man yelled, raising his hand.

"Can I hear 50,000?" Roland said, alternating the price.

"50,000!" Another man shouted, raising his hand.

"Can I hear 200,000?"

All the men kept quiet and stared at each other. Sara looked relieved that none of the men could afford such a price, which means she wouldn't be sold off today.

"200,000?" Roland asked again, worriedly.

There was an awkward silence, until the first old man raised his hand in the air and said, "200,000!"

Roland gave a beatific smile, "200,000 it is! Congratulations sir, you may now take her home" Roland took Sara by her hand, and led her to her new owner. I knew she felt sad and destroyed, because a tear fell from her eye. The old man held her waist and they both left the brothel.

"Let's welcome the next girl, maybe one of you will be lucky to have this masterpiece. We got her today, and boy, she's so fine!" Roland announced, "Let's welcome, Diana!!!". There was a round of applause.

I backed away, but two men held each of my arm and dragged me out forcefully. They took me on stage, and didn't still let go of me, because they were afraid I might try to escape.

"Isn't she just beautiful?" Roland said over the mic and the old rich men gazed at me from head to toe.

"Can I hear 20,000?" Roland asked.

"20,000!" A weird looking man, with a lot of white beard covering his face said, raising his hand. I shook my head in rejection as tears started flowing down my face.

"Can I hear 50,000!"

"50,000!" Another man yelled, and raised his hand. He looked really desperate to have me, because he kept looking at the old man with a lot of white beard, dreading that he gave up.

"Can I hear 200,000?"

"200,000!" That same old man with a lot of white beard said.

"200,000!" The other man who looked desperate to have me, said competitively.

"Can I hear 500,000?" Roland asked, smiling blissfully.

The other desperate man raised his hand and said, "500,000".

The old man raised his hand again, "500,000"

My heart raced in fear that this man might buy me today. The old man looked really rich and he was so calm about the whole thing. It was like he didn't care how much was being called, he just wanted to get me.

"Can I hear ONE MILLION!!!!" Roland yelled out loudly.

The other man who tried to compete with the old man, kept quiet and dropped his hand down; he gave up!
I smiled, thankful that they won't be able to afford that. I knew the old man would also give up and go home.

"One million? Anybody?" Roland asked again, as his smile faded away slowly.

There was fraught silence, until the old looking man raised his hand again, "One Million!"

It was as if I got shot in the chest, I was frightened! My tears flowed more rapidly this time.
The old man got up, and smirked at me.

"Congratulations! Diana now belongs to you!" Roland said buoyantly as he pushed me toward the old man abruptly.

Word count: 1,132

************************************

Hiya!!

Hope you enjoyed this chapter?

But I do want to know how you feel about the chapter, so how did it make you feel?

Did you cry😔? Because I did...

Please don't forget to hit that little star at the bottom 👇 to support me

Thank you for reading, have a blissful day🌹