A Phuwintang

"Chaos makes the muse."

-

Phuwin stood in front of his vanity, the soft light from his ring light casting a flattering glow on his face. His workspace was meticulously organized, with rows of makeup brushes, palettes, and skincare products neatly arranged. He adjusted his phone on its tripod, making sure the angle was just right before tapping the screen to start his Instagram Live session.

"Hey, everyone! It's Phuwin here," he greeted, his voice warm and inviting.

"Today, I'm going to be reviewing some new products from one of my favorite brands, and I'll be doing a quick makeup tutorial. Let's get started!"

As viewers began to join the live session, the comments section filled with excited greetings and heart emojis. Phuwin smiled, feeling a rush of gratitude for his supportive community. He held up a sleek black bottle, displaying it to the camera.

"This is the new hydrating primer from Glow Beauty," he explained. "I've been using it for the past week, and I'm really impressed with how it preps my skin for makeup. Let's apply it now."

He pumped a small amount onto his fingertips and began to smooth it over his face, describing the texture and scent as he went. His hands moved with practiced ease, each motion precise and confident.

"Next, I'm using their latest foundation," Phuwin continued, holding up a matching bottle.

"This one promises full coverage with a natural finish. I'll be using a damp beauty sponge to apply it."

As he blended the foundation into his skin, he kept up a steady stream of commentary, offering tips and tricks he'd picked up over his years as a beauty influencer. The viewer count continued to rise, and the comments section buzzed with questions and compliments.

"Phuwin, your skin looks amazing! How do you keep it so clear?" one viewer asked.

"Thank you!" Phuwin replied, glancing at the screen. "I swear by a consistent skincare routine. Cleanse, tone, moisturize, and always, always wear sunscreen. It makes a huge difference."

He moved on to his eyes, selecting a palette with warm, earthy tones. As he blended shades of brown and gold onto his eyelids, he shared a story about how he first fell in love with makeup as a teenager, experimenting with his mother's cosmetics in secret.

"It was like discovering a whole new world," Phuwin said, his eyes shining with the memory. "Makeup gave me a way to express myself and boost my confidence. I'm so grateful I get to share that passion with all of you."

After completing his look with a swipe of mascara and a bold lip color, Phuwin leaned back, admiring his reflection. "And there you have it! A quick and easy glam look using Glow Beauty's new products. I hope you all enjoyed this live session. Don't forget to like and share, and I'll see you in the next one!"

He ended the live stream with a smile, feeling a sense of accomplishment. Phuwin loved connecting with his followers, and these interactive sessions were one of his favorite parts of the job.

Just as he was tidying up his vanity, his phone buzzed with an incoming call. Phuwin glanced at the screen and saw the name of his best friend, Dunk Natachai, flashing.

"Hey, Dunk!" Phuwin answered, his voice bright. "What's up?"

"Phuwin! How's my favorite beauty guru doing?" Dunk's cheerful voice came through the line.

"I'm good, just finished a live session," Phuwin replied, settling into his chair. "What about you? How's everything with the new product launch?"

"That's actually why I'm calling," Dunk said, excitement evident in his tone. "I wanted to personally invite you to the grand launch event next week. It's going to be a big deal, and I'd love for you to be there."

Phuwin felt a surge of pride for his friend. Dunk had always been passionate about makeup, and seeing him succeed as a founder of his own brand was inspiring. "Of course, I'll be there! I wouldn't miss it for the world."

"Great! It's going to be at the Rosewood Hotel. I'll send you all the details," Dunk said. "I'm really excited about this, Phuwin. Your support means a lot to me."

"Anything for you, Dunk," Phuwin replied sincerely. "I'm so proud of you. This launch is going to be amazing."

"Thanks, Phuwin. And hey, maybe you'll meet someone interesting there," Dunk teased, knowing his friend's reluctance to attend social events.

Phuwin laughed. "We'll see. But I'm really looking forward to it. Thanks for the invite, Dunk."

"Anytime, buddy. See you next week!" Dunk said before hanging up.

Phuwin put down his phone, feeling a mix of excitement and nerves about the upcoming event. He rarely attended such high-profile gatherings, preferring the comfort of his own space. But for Dunk, he would step out of his comfort zone.

As he began to plan his outfit and think about what to expect at the launch, Phuwin couldn't shake the feeling that this event might bring some unexpected surprises into his life. And perhaps, just maybe, it would be the start of something new.

-tbc