Breakfast

Phuwin woke up to the gentle sound of Pond stirring beside him. The warmth of Pond's embrace was comforting, but the sudden noise of the apartment door creaking open made his heart race. He blinked, trying to fully wake up, and saw two figures standing in the doorway.

His heart sank further as he recognized them: one was Pond's mom, and the other was Janhee, the girl he had seen at Pond's apartment before, the one he had believed to be Pond's girlfriend.

Tears welled up in his eyes before he could stop them, and he started to sob quietly, feeling overwhelmed by the weight of it all. Pond's mom seeing his distress, immediately rushed over, her face a picture of concern.

"Eh why are you crying?," she asked softly, her voice full of worry.

Janhee stepped closer, her eyes softening as she saw his tear-streaked face. "Hi, Phuwin. Oh my God how can you woke up looking so pretty, I can't relate. By the way, I'm Janhee, Pond's sister."

Phuwin blinked in surprise, his tears momentarily forgotten. "Sister?" he repeated, looking between Janhee and Mae.

Pond's mom nodded, giving him a gentle smile. "Yes, I'm Pond's mother, Prawe. You can call me Mae just like Pond and Janhee. We're so sorry if our arrival startled you."

Pond, now fully awake, quickly moved to comfort him. He pulled Phuwin close, wrapping his arms around him protectively. "Phu, it's okay," he whispered, his voice steady and reassuring.

Mae and Janhee looked at each other, exchanging worried glances. "Why don't you two get ready, and we can talk more in the living room," Mae suggested kindly.

Phuwin nodded, still sniffling, and allowed Pond to help him up. As they dressed, the tension in the room remained palpable. Phuwin's mind raced with thoughts of the upcoming conversation, dreading the moment he would have to explain himself.

Once they were dressed and ready, Pond pulled Phuwin into a tight hug, whispering comforting words in his ear. "We'll get through this together, I promise," he said, his voice filled with determination. Phuwin took a deep breath, feeling a bit more grounded by Pond's presence.

With Pond's arm around his shoulders, they walked out to the living room. Mae and Janhee were sitting on the couch, waiting patiently. The atmosphere was heavy with anticipation, and Phuwin's heart pounded in his chest.

They sat down, and Phuwin felt the weight of their gazes on him. He took another deep breath, trying to steady himself. "I'm really sorry for any misunderstanding," he began, his voice shaky. "I didn't mean to come between Pond and... and Janhee. I thought you were his girlfriend, and I... I didn't want to be a homewrecker."

Janhee's eyes widened in surprise, and then she burst out laughing. "Oh, so this is why you left the apartment the moment you saw me?" she said, her laughter ringing through the room.

Pond looked bewildered. "Wait, you came to the apartment before?" he asked, his confusion evident.

Phuwin nodded, feeling a fresh wave of embarrassment. "Yes, I came to explain my intentions about the livestream incident, but when I saw Janhee there, I thought... I thought I was interrupting something."

Mae smiled kindly at Phuwin. "You've got it all wrong, dear. Janhee is just Pond's sister. There's nothing romantic between them."

Phuwin blinked, trying to process the information. Sister? All this time, he had believed Janhee to be Pond's girlfriend. The relief was overwhelming, but it was mixed with a deep sense of regret for all the pain he had caused himself over a misunderstanding.

Pond reached for Phuwin's hand, squeezing it reassuringly. "Phuwin, I'm so sorry for all the misunderstandings. I should have explained everything sooner."