Caught in the spotlight

Pond woke up the next morning feeling unusually optimistic. But just as he was about to leave his apartment, his phone buzzed incessantly. It was his manager, P'Tan.

"Pond, we need to talk. Now," P'Tan said urgently.

"Can it wait? I have plans," Pond replied, slightly annoyed.

"No, it can't. You're trending, and not in a good way. Meet me at the office."

Pond's heart sank as he quickly checked his social media. His name and Phuwin's were all over the internet. Paparazzi shots from the event, wild speculations, and a flurry of comments filled his feed. His stomach churned with a mix of anger and anxiety.

At the company office, Pond walked into a tense atmosphere. His manager and the PR team were already gathered, looking worried.

"This is a mess," P'Tan said, pointing to a screen filled with headlines. "Who is Phuwin? And why didn't you tell us about this sooner?"

Pond sighed, taking a seat. "Phuwin is just a friend I met at the event. We hit it off, and that's it."

"That's not what the internet thinks. They believe you're in a secret relationship. We need to control this narrative before it gets out of hand," P'Tan said, frustration evident in his voice.

"What do you want me to do?" Pond asked, feeling cornered.

"For now, we'll release a statement saying you're just friends. Anything more would complicate things," P'Tan decided.

Pond nodded reluctantly, understanding the necessity but feeling a pang of guilt. He wondered how Phuwin was handling all this.

Phuwin woke up to an avalanche of notifications on his phone. His name was trending on social media, and his inbox was flooded with messages from friends, fans, and even strangers. He felt a surge of panic as he scrolled through the headlines.

"Phuwin, beauty influencer, caught in secret romance with actor Pond Naravit!" read one.

"Who is Phuwin? The man stealing Pond's heart!"

Phuwin's head spun. He had never experienced this level of attention before. His phone rang, and he answered it hastily, hoping for some clarity.

"Phuwin, are you okay?" It was Dunk, his best friend and the makeup product founder who had invited him to the event.

"I don't know, Dunk. This is crazy. What do I do?" Phuwin asked, his voice shaky.

"Stay calm. Have you heard from Pond?" Dunk asked.

"No, not yet. I'm not sure what's going on with him," Phuwin admitted, feeling more anxious by the minute.

Hours passed with no word from Pond. Phuwin's concern grew as the internet continued to explode with speculation. Finally, he saw a statement from Pond's company:

*"Pond Naravit and Phuwin are just friends. There is nothing more to their relationship."*

Phuwin felt a mix of relief and disappointment. While the statement put some rumors to rest, it also felt like a public dismissal of their budding connection. He stared at his phone, hoping for a message from Pond that never came.

Back at his apartment, Pond sat in silence, his phone buzzing with calls and messages he didn't want to answer. The official statement had been released, but it felt hollow. He knew it was necessary to calm the public, but he couldn't shake the feeling that it had complicated things with Phuwin.

He finally mustered the courage to text Phuwin.

*Hey Phuwin, I'm really sorry about all this. I hope you're okay. Can we talk?*