After party

The awards show concluded with an invitation to an exclusive after-party event, bringing together all the staff, artists, and everyone involved in the night's festivities. The atmosphere buzzed with excitement and celebration as people mingled, laughed, and enjoyed the evening. Among the attendees were Phuwin and his emcee partner, Nunew Chawarin, who found themselves swept into the lively ambiance. The room was a vibrant mix of colors, sounds, and movements, with music playing in the background and lights creating a festive aura.

Unexpectedly, as Phuwin scanned the crowd, his eyes landed on Pond. He knew Pond rarely attended after-party events, preferring to keep a low profile after such public appearances. Yet here he was, accompanied by his best friend, Joong Archen. Joong was fully immersed in the dance floor, his energy infectious as he moved to the rhythm of the music. His carefree enjoyment was evident, contrasting sharply with Pond's demeanor. Pond stood apart from the throng, his presence more subdued, but his eyes never leaving Phuwin.

Phuwin felt a mix of emotions seeing Pond there. Memories of their recent turmoil surfaced, but he pushed them aside, determined to enjoy the evening. His love for pizza was well-known among his friends, and the sight of a pizza stand across the room drew him like a magnet. He made his way over, the delicious aroma making his mouth water. Grabbing a slice, he took a bite, savoring the familiar taste that brought a sense of comfort amidst the evening's complexities.

Meanwhile, Nunew was whisked away by his fiancé, Zee, who was also the sponsor of the event. Zee, a charismatic and influential figure, led Nunew to the VVIP section, where a more intimate and exclusive gathering was taking place. Phuwin watched them go, feeling a pang of envy at the ease with which Nunew navigated his relationship, a stark contrast to his own complicated feelings.

As Phuwin stood there, trying to focus on the joy of the evening, he couldn't shake the feeling of Pond's gaze on him. Pond's eyes were filled with a mix of emotions, making Phuwin's heart race with a blend of hope and dread. The unresolved tension between them created an undercurrent that hummed beneath the surface of the celebration, a stark reminder of their complicated bond.

Phuwin tried to immerse himself in the party, mingling with other guests and enjoying the food, but the awareness of Pond's presence never left him. He laughed and chatted with a group of fellow actors, but his mind kept drifting back to the intense gaze he felt from across the room. He glanced over at Pond several times, only to find him still watching, his expression unreadable but intense.

The room buzzed with conversations, laughter, and the clinking of glasses, but amid the celebration, there was an undercurrent of tension. Phuwin could feel it, a palpable energy that seemed to connect him to Pond even across the crowded room. He wondered what Pond was thinking, why he was there, and what, if anything, would happen between them now.

Just as Phuwin was about to take another bite of his pizza, he felt a gentle tap on his shoulder. Turning around, he found himself face-to-face with Pond. The sight of him up close made Phuwin's heart skip a beat. Pond's expression was serious, his eyes searching Phuwin's for a moment before he spoke.

"Phuwin, can we talk?" Pond asked, his voice barely audible over the music. "Somewhere private?"

Phuwin hesitated, glancing around the bustling room. The prospect of a private conversation with Pond filled him with both anticipation and anxiety. He nodded slowly, swallowing the lump in his throat.

Pond led Phuwin towards the back of the venue, maneuvering through the crowd until they reached a hallway leading to the restrooms. The noise from the party faded into the background as they entered the quieter, dimly lit corridor. Pond stopped outside the door to the men's room, turning to face Phuwin.