The encounter

The sun dipped below the horizon, painting the sky in hues of orange and pink as Pond stood in front of his mirror, carefully adjusting his tie. The theme for the evening's event was red and white, and he had chosen a crisp white dress shirt paired with a sharp red suit that complemented his complexion perfectly. His black dress shoes gleamed, completing the look with a touch of elegance.

Pond took a step back, surveying his reflection. He rarely attended such events, but tonight felt different. Maybe it was the promise of a new experience or Joong's words echoing in his mind about being open to possibilities. Whatever it was, Pond felt a subtle thrill of anticipation.

A knock on the door interrupted his thoughts.

It was Joong, dressed in a stylish black tuxedo with a red bow tie, looking every bit the charismatic star he was known to be.

"Wow mannnnn, look at you!"

Joong exclaimed, stepping into the room. "You clean up nice, Pond. Red suits you."

Pond smiled, feeling a mix of gratitude and amusement. "Thanks, Joong. You look great too."

Joong grinned, giving a mock bow. "Why, thank you. So, are you ready for tonight? It's going to be quite the event."

Pond nodded, adjusting his cufflinks. "As ready as I'll ever be. I'm not really used to these things, but I guess it's time to step out of my comfort zone."

Joong clapped him on the back. "That's the spirit! And hey, who knows? Maybe you'll meet someone interesting."

Pond chuckled, shaking his head. "You and your predictions. Let's just focus on having a good time."

They headed out together, making their way to the waiting car that would take them to the Rosewood Hotel. As they drove through the bustling streets of Bangkok, Pond stared out the window, his mind wandering to the possibilities of the night ahead.

-

The Rosewood Hotel was a vision of elegance, its grand entrance lit up with sparkling lights and a red carpet stretching out before them. Celebrities, influencers, and notable figures from various industries mingled outside, posing for photos and chatting animatedly.

Pond stepped out of the car, straightening his jacket as he took in the scene. The air was filled with excitement, and the energy was palpable. Joong joined him, giving a reassuring nod.

"Ready?" Joong asked.

Pond took a deep breath, feeling a surge of determination. "Ready."

They made their way down the red carpet, photographers snapping pictures and reporters calling out questions. Pond answered politely, maintaining his composed demeanor. Joong, ever the social butterfly, engaged with the crowd effortlessly, his charisma shining through.

Inside, the hotel was even more impressive. The ballroom was decorated in shades of red and white, with elegant floral arrangements and glittering chandeliers. Guests mingled, sipping champagne and enjoying the sophisticated atmosphere.

Pond felt a bit out of place amidst the glamour, but he reminded himself of Joong's words. This was an opportunity to experience something new, to be open to whatever the night might bring.

——— Phuwin's POV ———

Phuwin stood at the bar, doing his best to maintain his composure. He had seen Pond Naravit in countless TV dramas, always admiring his talent and presence on screen. But seeing him in person was an entirely different experience. He felt a flutter of excitement in his chest, trying to mask his inner fanboy.

As Pond approached the bar, Phuwin's heart raced. He took a deep breath, mentally rehearsing how to act cool and composed. When Pond caught his eye, Phuwin offered a friendly smile.

"Hey there," Phuwin said, his voice friendly. "You look like you could use a drink. I'm Phuwin."

Pond smiled, shaking the offered hand. "Pond. Nice to meet you, Phuwin."

Phuwin felt a jolt of excitement at the casual introduction. He had to remind himself to stay calm. "So, what brings you to this event?" he asked, genuinely curious.

Pond shrugged, leaning casually against the bar. "I was invited, and I thought it might be interesting. Plus, my friend Joong insisted I come. How about you?"

Phuwin laughed softly, hoping his nervousness didn't show. "My best friend, Dunk, is launching a new makeup product line. I couldn't miss it."

Pond nodded, a look of understanding in his eyes. "I've heard great things about Dunk's products. It must be exciting to see your friend succeed."

"It really is," Phuwin agreed, his eyes lighting up with pride. "He's worked so hard for this."

As they continued to talk, Phuwin found himself genuinely enjoying the conversation. Pond was even more charming and down-to-earth in person than he had imagined. Despite his inner fanboy screaming, Phuwin managed to maintain a comfortable rapport, the initial awkwardness fading away.

——— End of Phuwin's POV ———

Throughout the evening, Pond and Phuwin stayed by each other's side, sharing stories and discovering common interests. They laughed and exchanged ideas, the conversation flowing effortlessly.

At one point, Joong passed by, raising an eyebrow in amusement. "Looks like you're having a good time, Pond."

Pond chuckled, glancing at Phuwin. "Yeah, I guess I am."

Phuwin smiled, feeling a warmth in his chest. "It's nice to meet someone who appreciates the work behind the scenes."

"Likewise," Pond said sincerely. "It's refreshing to talk to someone who understands the industry but stays true to themselves."

As the night wore on, Pond realized that this encounter was more than just a fleeting conversation. There was a genuine connection, a mutual respect that made him see the possibilities beyond his usual routine.

For Phuwin, meeting Pond was a reminder that the world was full of unexpected surprises. Amidst the chaos and glamour, there were genuine connections to be made, and sometimes, they appeared when least expected.

As the event began to wind down, Pond and Phuwin found themselves standing by the entrance, reluctant to part ways.

"This was a great night," Phuwin said, his eyes reflecting the warmth of the evening. "Thank you for making it even more special."

Pond smiled, feeling a rare sense of contentment. "Thank you, Phuwin. I really enjoyed our conversation. Maybe we can catch up again sometime?"

Phuwin nodded, a hopeful glimmer in his eyes. "I'd like that. Let's exchange numbers."

They exchanged contact information, a small gesture that felt significant. As they said their goodbyes and headed their separate ways, both Pond and Phuwin couldn't shake the feeling that this was the beginning of something new.

For Pond, it was a step out of his comfort zone, a chance to explore connections he had previously avoided. For Phuwin, it was a reminder that genuine interactions could happen even in the most unexpected places.

And as the night sky enveloped the city, both men felt a sense of anticipation for what the future might hold.

-tbc