44 . F O R T Y - F O U R

Important NOTE -

I understand everyone must be angry at me but I'm seriously telling everyone that it wasn't my fault at all .
I tried to update 5 times and post announcement three times but everytime it failed so I posted this chapter on Scrollstack first .

Those who are ready to understand this , you can go with any opinions you want .

And good news for my lovely readers who are there to support me .
The 4 chapter from this chapter now on will not have any kind of target . Those waited patiently without even making it big issue and always supported me needs to get some chapters without targets because they deserve some gifts from author . And thanks to all for giving my book the smallest success of 60k .
I hope you all love me and my book without pinch of hating .

But seriously , being a author is not easy . I used to be impatient reader on Wattpad but since the moment I started writing , I understood the efforts .
So kindly understand me and make sure you see the efforts at the background.

Love you all!!

..............................

Kartik POV

" F**king where would she go in this damn city ?" I whispered to myself and walked ahead .

The past of her losing and now losing Ishitaa synchronised with each other . I was damn afraid that what if I lose Ishitaa like I lost her .
I don't want anything to repeat now and ask for me to regret for lifetime . It was f**king worst nightmare I've experienced .

I was bit far but not too much because even the shop we went is one of the finest yet it was at the end of posh area . It was start of a urban area where all small apartments were located .
There were some small alleys . I hoped her to not to be here , she's way too innocent to be in this area .

I just can't find her .
" Where are you , Ishu ? It's hard to even f**king breath without you ." My body dropped and I fell on my knees .
First time after those worst days before 7 years , the tears made their way out of my life for someone .
Someone who is taking over my heart , my mind , my head , my soul and everything .

I was in grief until the ray of hope was raised by a sudden voice .
" It's so cute , isn't it ?" I heard a similar voice . I got up hurriedly , wiped my tears and followed the voice  .

" Please be Ishitaa ...... Please be Ishitaa......." I kept mumbling with my eyes searching for the owner of voice .

I peeked into small alley of house , resulting into my eyes softening and my soul relived . My heart started to beat fast while my eyes never left her sight .
Losing her was never in my plan .

She was carrying a small puppy in her hands . Patting it's head , she hugged it while that little animal snuggled into her neck .

I scoffed looking at the sight . What I thought about her going missing and what it turned out actually .
Does she even know how much afraid I was ?
I was f**king afraid of losing her . She's here happy with that animal .

" I-Ishitaa ...." my shaky voice reached to her and she glanced at me .
I paced my walk and reached to her . She stood up abruptly while looking at me .

" What are you doing here ? " I asked her stressing every single word while she looked down .

" A-Actually ...." She looked behind her where a little girl was standing who was holding Ishitaa's kurta tightly , not letting her go .
My eyes fell on that little soul .