14 . F O U R T E E N

Kartik POV

I looked away , moved two steps away from her and decided to ignore her question by useless answer which I would never think of giving ,

" I've my own reasons ." I said as she finally tried to make eye contact .

Damn ! Those doe eyes ! Not again KARTIK !

" Hm. " She hummed .

Even her hums have power to make music from it .
Heck ! I begged my heart to stop at that time .

" Let's be strangers even after marriage ." I said facing my whole body towards sea .

I could feel that she looked at me abruptly .

" W-What ?" She said .

I looked at her , she looked disappointed . That disappointed look indirectly made me unsatisfied but I had no option .

" What do you expect then ? Be a lovey dovey couple which is almost impossible ? " I said with a frustrated face while facing her.
Her eyes were wet , I could feel that she expected something which would relax her .

" N-No." She said as she turned to take a look at ocean .

" Listen , I am not marrying willingly neither you are . So let's understand this as a business and carry on with flow ." I said as she smiled bitterly .

" O-Ok ." She said as she was still facing the ocean .

" I would never explain this much to anyone . If I have explained then it's better for you to understand the situation and act like it ." I said as I decided to go somewhere steps back to sit on dry sand .

She nodded as she was still standing there with basket in her hand .

Her figure looked so fine in that pink coloured kurti when I looked at her from back . That white dupatta flowing in the air giving it cinematic look . Her wavy long hairs making it look unbelievable and natural .

No Kartik No!!!!! Don't look at her . Look everywhere but not her !!!!
I reminded myself again to not look at her because I never wanted fall for someone and get hurt again .
That old Kartik is no more alive . He died when she left her .

" Let's go back ." She said as she came to me . Her face held different emotions.
This time she looked at me giving an feeling of being deeply hurt .

" We can't ." I said looking sideways .

" W-Why ?" She asked as she looked confused .

" If we go back now , they will be suspicious . They will think we've talked about marriage and all about breaking the marriage ." I said as she went a few steps away sat on the dry sand .
I looked at her , she was covering her head with dupatta .

I wanted to go there and stand infront of her so she won't get sunrays directly hitting her face but soon reality hit me and I understood that even by looking at her I start to imagine things . I grunted a bit to myself .What the hell has happened to me ?

We both weren't talking . I took out my phone decided go through share market and some business things . I was scrolling and scrolling . I didn't know when did I become so engrossed that I totally forgot that she was here too .

Ishitaa POV

The moment he said that this marriage is nothing but a business I really felt so disgusting that how the hell he can think a holy ritual , marriage is a business ?
He left me and sat on the dry sand . I kept standing there for some minutes .

The only thought that I kept thinking about was what consequences I've to meet after this marriage . Why can't I just reject it and stand strong ?
But whenever I try to be strong , my father is always there to demotivate me . He knows my weaknesses as I was the one who handled it to him .