Little Michelle

A few weeks had passed since the incident with the high court and Aria was almost near his due date. The matter with the high court was dealt with, the dukes and counts were subdued, and they seemed to be at bay with the current agreements that the emperor had gave out.

Aria sat at the balcony of his palace overlooking the back view of his garden, rubbing his belly subtly as he thought back to six months ago, when he found out about his pregnancy and lost his other baby. His face a sudden change of emotion, he looked vulnerable and sad, he had not had time to mourn his baby's death, and that by itself didn't sit right with his soul. 

"Empress, what's wrong?" Tyler asked as he saw his wife's gloomy state. 

"We haven't mourned our baby yet, we got so busy we ignored the death of one of our own blood. We're horrible parents, I can't believe we forget about our little baby. It's been eight months since, she died and we hadn't properly buried her nor have we even acknowledged her existence." Aria said as he held back a sob. 

He had been so caught with his own pregnant and the baby that survived that she forgot about her other baby that she lost due to that attack on his plane eight months ago. 

The emperor saw this and approached his wife, embracing him and letting the empress cry. And such he did, Aria didn't hold back when Tyler embraced him, he let his tears pour down. He cried because he knew he failed as a parent, he failed to keep his child safe, he failed to grieve his dead unborn baby, he failed to acknowledge that he had another child, he prioritised his time on state affairs and the other healthy and unscathed child. 

He cried, hiccupping as he almost chocked on his own saliva, the emperor' heart broke as he sat the embracing his wife, his heart tightening as the cry of his wife echoed in his ears. The empress was human after all he deserved to be treated as one, all this time Tyler had treated Aria like a stone-cold vessel incapable of loving him, but it wasn't true, Aria was capable of love, the emperor wasn't his actual priority, the empress loved his children. The empress would do anything for his children, Tyler knew that whoever was responsible for the death of their baby would soon feel the wrath of Aria Lon, Empress of Atlia. 

It took a long time for Aria too calm down. His eyes were puffy, his nose runny and his face red as it can be. He had however fallen asleep in Tyler's embrace, the older male having to pick the empress up and carry him to his bedroom to rest. Tucking his wife in, Tyler left the room as soon as he was sure that the empress was still resting. He had a mission, to make sure his wife goes to Allira and mourns the death of their child, on top of that, he has to get at the bottom of this mystery. Knowing the empress, Tyler knows the former already has a potential lead on who it may be who had attacked his fleet and plane, causing not only the death of their unborn baby, but also three decorated officers from Aria's special security division.

"Richard I want the radar recordings of the flights that were present on the day of the empress' departure." Tyler said as he walked into his study, the steward hot on his heels. If he could find the serial number or name of the plane that was in the air at the time Aria and his fleet were airborne then he can have a list of suspects to investigate.

"Yes your majesty, I will have it ready for you in a few minutes." Richard stated as he bowed his and exited the study.

He went to his station within the emperor's palace and called the military's air traffic control tower. 

"Hello" Richard said into the satellite phone in his hand.

"This is Lieutenant Richard O'bourne, serial number NS 123980 of the ATS Discovery deployment." Richard verified his identity with the other person on the other side of the call.