National Assembly

Unedited

Tyler sat by the throne in the national assembly hall looking mighty as ever.

The ministers were already present having been here an hour early, and the high court, well let's just say they were very close to being beheaded.

"Take your time Dukes and Counts, I mean this land is yours." Tyler said.

Even if the land was theirs, Tyler was still the emperor and governed everyone under his rule. His ancestors didn't conquer these lands for nothing.

"We ask for punishment your highness!" Those who came late bowed. What they didn't expect was indeed Tyler was going to punishment them.

"Then if you say so. Hear my decree the dukes and counts that are late, are to donate two quarters of their wealth to each of the district development funds, this decree is in full effect and disobedience will be punished by death."

That made the whole hall still with quietness. The emperor was never this ruthless.

"Your majesty, death.."

"You dare question me?" Tyler said eerily calm, his aura imposing and deafening. 

"I have for years saw you lot running a mock and just doing what you please. It is now time to focus on this beloved country of ours and make it very prosperous and productive." Tyler said as he didn't get an answer from the previous duke.

"Now back to business. The imperial family shall go to Allira to bury and mourn the fourth princess, who unfortunately had died before she was developed." Tyler said, "the Imperial Palace Wife Leeann, shall have the highest rank and will govern the country in my stead alongside the Prime Minister until my return."

"Permission to speak your majesty." Duke Simon asked.

"Permission granted."

"With all due respect your majesty, the harem members are not politicians. It's highly unethical to have one of your majesty's wives govern the country."

Tyler raised an eyebrow at the statement and chuckled.

"Duke Simon, it whatever universe do you think your opinion is needed in how I should run this country?"

"We are the Dukes and Counts of this country your majesty, we know what's best for our people." Duke Simon argued.

"And yet my people elected the national assembly to represent them. Isn't that funny? Besides Duke Simon, the Dukes and Counts run not the country but the districts, The emperor and the national assembly run the country. We are responsible for millions of lives, you are responsible for thousands of lives. Know your place." Tyler sneered at the older man.

"Apologies your majesty." The Duke said and sat back down. His jaw stuff and tight with hatred. He and his minions had enjoyed Tyler being an idle emperor, they benefited so much when Tyler was absent from state affairs.

The empress had made Tyler 'wake up' from his trance and take matters into his own hands, that's why they wanted to depose the empress.

Aria was a threat to them and their corrupt lives, he was also a threat to their backer, the man responsible for the attack on Aria's fleet and abduction of the quad.

"Does anyone have anything to say?" Tyler asked.

"Permission to speak your majesty?" A minister asked.

"Yes Minister Jason."

"When will the imperial family return?" Jason asked, he was the Minister of Local Security and Military Defense.