CHAPTER 40

The emperor was attempted assassination, all ministers were silent initially. When they heard that the assassin was an imperial guard, then discussions were made.

Now a days, many people has remained distances with Ye Xiu Ming without any traces, because they don't know how the emperor will treat him later on.

Ye Xiu Ming and Lu Li is not involved directly, so he did not hide themselves from people, and did what he was supposed to do. Although on his face he did not show any anything, but inside he is calculating what to do.

To be honest, Ye Xiu Ming actually suspect on whether or not Ji Jungkook arranged for this act himself. Now the assassin is being locked up in jail, and no one can enter without imperial edict; Lu Li was also grounded at home and watched by a few guards.

Also due to reasons, the women of the Ye Family are not allowed to enter the palace, and so they cannot get news from Ye Lisa.

Therefore the Ye Xiu Ming now is a bit thrown of balance.

Actually inside the palace, Ye Lisa is also equally thrown of balance. Although she is rather confident with her guess, but.... There is no evidence. Now cousin brother is being grounded, if the crime is made true... she really can't think of what would happen.

No, she can't stay here and just keep thinking about it, first she will meet with Su Jie Yu.

Ye Lisa brought along enough people, and went to Lu Hua Palace. Su Jie Yu, because of blocking for Ji Jungkook that time, has brought upon some attention from him to her, but Ye Lisa could not detect any happiness from her, but instead she was appearing a bit scared. This has helped justify Ye Lisa's guess further. Since the guard did not die on time, Su Jie Yu was afraid the guard will sell her out.

Ordering everyone to leave the room, Ye Lisa said "I was very curious, what did you give to Kang Cheng Lu, that made him willing to die"

Su Jie Yu's hands clenched on to her sleeves "Niang niang, I am not sure what you are talking about"

"Don't act, you are not an actress, your acting skills are very bad"

"Niang Niang, did you misunderstood something? If I have been rude to you before, I first apologize to you, and if you are still angry, then feel free to punish me, but this type of accusation, I cannot accept"

"Su Jie Yu, aren't you afraid of involving General Su?"

"I did nothing wrong, so I am not afraid"

Ye Lisa blinked and looked at her "It looks like I need to force it out of you"

Su Jie Yu shivered "niang niang, you... what do you want to do?'

"What I want to do?" Ye Lisa lift her eyebrows, with a cold smile "few days ago I managed to obtained a very interesting book, called "Ancient Torture Log", right in time for me to learn about it from Su Jie Yu"

Su Jie Yu pitiful looked behind Ye Lisa, with a tone of crying she called out "Your Majesty" and ran towards his arms.

Ye Lisa turned back, and saw Ji Jungkook patting Su Jie Yu's shoulders, and looking at Ye Lisa asked "What did the empress want to learn from Su Jie Yu?"

Ye Lisa haven't answer, Su Jie Yu spoke first "Your Majesty!, the empress want to torture me.. niang niang said, it was me that causes Lieutenant Lu to be framed, and wanted to make sure I will not beg to live or can't beg to die. But I really don't know what did I do wrong. Your Majesty, can you please ask the empress, to properly explain herself, so that even if I were to die, I will know the reason!" While saying these she was crying, with tears that comes on demand.