CHAPTER 80

Ye Lisa has never seen Ji Jungkook like that. It was like some parts of his soul was lost, his gaze was lost towards the person in front of him, but it also seems like he is lost in thoughts.

The empress dowager says, "Xiang Ru, I am transferring you to serve the emperor, from today onwards you would be the grade 1 maidservant, you need to take care of the emperor properly, understood?"

Xiang Ru kneeled down and bowed, "Yes, I will do my best and be loyal"

Ye Lisa used her handkerchief to wipe her mouth, and said "Mother, this girl seems like a very clever and loyal, may I ask who's family daughter is this?"

The empress dowager smiled and answers " she is the daughter of the ministry of rites, Bai Jian Cheng, also considered as a noble lady, now that she has entered the palace to be a maid servant, really not befitting."

Seems like she is feeling bad for her? Can't wait to turn her into a master tomorrow.

Ye Lisa's eye brows twitched when she heard the name "Bai Jian Cheng"

That person seems to be involved in a case right now, although not sure if the mistake he made was real or not, but if its true then this Bai Xiang Ru will not be able to benefit much.

However, there is no 100% in this world, looking at Ji Jungkook's attitude, it was obvious that he has deep relationship with this Bai Xiang Ru. Ye Lisa suddenly recalled something that Ji Jungkook mentioned to her, this Xiang Ru must be the old acquaintance that he mentioned. It looks like the empress dowager did not grant her death, not only did she not kill her, she purposely kept her under her wings. Seems like its now the right time to use her against the empress.

It's just that why did this Bai Xiang Ru decide to appear now? The empress dowager is really not afraid of bringing trouble to herself?

Also, has Bai Xiang Ru been in the palace all along? Ji Jungkook has so many eyes in the palace, how is it possible that he didn't know?

Furthermore, Bai Jian Cheng was once sent to exile in Liao Dong....

Ye Lisa suddenly thought of the signboard "Xiang Ru Gu", so she smiled and said, "I heard that you are very good in making fragrances?"

Bai Xiang Ru answered, "replying your majesty, I do indeed know a little. If your majesty does not mind, If you need any fragrance please let me know"

If so, then things become clear. That shop in Liaodong could most probably be opened by Bai Xiang Ru, even if it was not directly opened by her, it definitely has something related to her. She was previously exiled to Liaodong, and when a great pardon was granted to the whole nation, did she only returned to the capital. The days she was invited in to the palace by the empress dowager should not have been long.

Ye Lisa answered, "That is good too, if in anytime I need to use you, I would borrow you from the emperor, just not sure if the emperor would be willing" she looks at Ji Jungkook and says "Your Majesty, what do you think?"

Ji Jungkook regained his senses from her call, "hmm?"

Ye Lisa stop bothering him. Eventhough in her heart, she was not happy, but she did not show it at all, afraid that the empress dowager will be happy.

That night, Ji Jungkook slept at Gan Qing Palace. Wang You Cai came to report and said Feng You De was leaning against the wall to eavesdrop, but the emperor did not call upon Bai Xiang Ru.

***

Zhuang Concubine has been with Ji Jungkook for a lot of years, when Xiang Ru left previously, Zhuang Concubine should have already been by Ji Jungkook's side. Therefore Ye Lisa went to Han Guang Hall to look for Zhuang Concubine, wanting to hear directly from her about the past.