CHAPTER 82

As Ji Jungkook and Ye Lisa continued on their travels, the sounds of disharmony begins to increase, one of the reasons being the local magistrate increasing the taxes on the citizens making the citizens suffer.

All this was already reported to the main court earlier on, but now to personally experience the case makes people more angry and empathic.

Ye Lisa felt that it was kinda weird, "Although all crows are black, why is the crows at JiangSu more black? Is there something wrong with the land and water?"

Ji Jungkook answered, "I think it's just the pillar on top is not straight, so the pillar below is crooked" (Chinese proverb... meaning the bad leading the bad)

The problem now is how to investigate this case. What they lack now is still evidence. Furthermore they have been in power for so long, the evidence would be well kept, so what they could do now is to find loopholes with those who are corrupted.

They are all working for the country, holding on to certain levels of power, it really is hard to find a point to start investigating.

While Ji Jungkook was trying to figure out a way to solve this problem, Ye Lisa gave him an idea.

The way Ye Lisa handles things is different from Ji Jungkook. He is someone who calculates everything to detail and makes sure his plan is perfect, and to be captured by him would only leave that person unable to fight back and can only call him cunning. Ye Lisa is different, Ji Jungkook thinks that she is better at poking through the defense that the opponents has, and will take the offensive side once it happens, although risky sometimes this method was also the fastest.

Like this time, she suggested to forcefully take in the Jinling Magistrate and whack him up, surely he will fess something up. Although this method sounds preposterous, but for it to be done by Ye Lisa, it seems quite reasonable. First off, it doesn't matter whether the magistrate corrupted or not, for him to be scolded by the entire Jinling city, the beating does befit him. Furthermore, she was an appointed envoy, as well as the empress. However she wants to beat him up is also possible, and he can't even complain about it. What can you do about it?

But, in order to avoid the plan getting leaked, and alerting the other corrupted magistrates, they can't barge in to his house straight. So what should they do?

Ji Jungkook has an idea. The commander Wei of Jinling was just recently changed, previously he was in Ye Lei Ting's army, and had also joined the war at Liao Dong, so he knew Ji Jungkook. Since he was new, so he should not have been involved in the corruption and also cause he is in charge of the army only. So using his name to invite the Jinling magistrate to visit the army camp would not be suspicious.

The both of them indeed went with this idea. Jinling's magistrate was called Chang Yu, a fatty, how fat he is? The very first moment Ye Lisa met him, she found him having troubles walking, and perhaps rolling him up would be more convenient.

Chang Yu thought that commander wei wanted to build some relations with him, but who knew after a few exchange of pleasantries, it seem like the commander didn't have that type of plan, but instead said that there was someone that wanted to meet him.

The person was an appointed envoy, and was holding an imperial verdict.

Chang Yu didn't really believe when he first heard it. An imperial envoy visiting Jiang Su, how come he didn't receive any news about it before?

But, commander Wei is a 3rd rank officer, there is no need to help a fake envoy to meet up with him right?

Ye Lisa, didn't care whether Chang Yu believed it or not, she ordered for him to be tied up and hanged on top of a big round tree. If it was a normal person, she would have hung him high up in the air, but this fatty made the tree trunk seem like it was going to break, so Ye Lisa just let him kept his toes tipped.