CHAPTER 48

After the new year celebrations, spring arrived, the ministry of defense really received the attack report from the borders. Tu Lu Fan, gathered a group of armies and was heading towards Dun Huang, Da Da Bu on the other hand gathered troops and was headed towards Da Tong, which was all expected by Ji Jungkook. The land mines are tested and ready to be used, and is currently being mass produced, batch by batch being sent to the borders. Besides that, Ji Jungkook also accepted Ye Lisa's suggestion to make more cannons and bombs to be distributed to the borders in 3 separate routes. Since long ago, the people from the central plains has always gone to war placing war strategies in higher importance than the right usage of weapons, and Ye Lisa has always thought that the weapons have never been properly utilize during a war.

However, Nu Zhen tribe did not make any move so far.

Ji Jungkook was very confident with his estimation. After discussion with the ministers, they came to a conclusion that Nu Zhen tribe haven't attack because they are waiting for Da Qi to transfer their arm forces to Da Tong and Dun Huang first before attacking.

So, Da Qi will instead send armies to Liao Dong first to safe guard the place, this was a decision supported by everyone.

It was just that, on the matter of who will be the person in charge of this movement, they have a slight argument. The captain at Liao Dong now would not be able to take on this task, the person there now is Tan Feng Xiang is the brother in law of Fang Xiu Qing, this person may be good in training armies, but in the matters of war, he is not very good at it, so even Fang Xiu Qing himself does not think that, Tan Feng Xiang should be handling this case alone. Actually there is someone that is very suitable: The previous 3 army camp captain Ye Lei Ting. That person is both clever and brave, and has a good leadership, has experience at war, although those war was not big — there was no big wars in these peaceful era, but amongst the peers he is one of the best.

But of course, considering that Ye Lei Ting is from the Ye family, it was just not sure if Ji Jungkook will be mindful or not if he were to be used.

Ji Jungkook indeed wanted to use Ye Lei Ting, but he was not going to let him be the general, because..... he wants to be the general himself.

"What?? Your majesty wants to go to war personally?" Ye Xiu Ming's eyes nearly popped out after hearing Ji Jungkook's idea. His face was full of disapproval as well.

Yes, to go to the war personally was something planned by Ji Jungkook from the very start. He was the emperor, but he is also the citizen of Da Qi, as a hot blooded man, he is also very willing to go to war and fight against the enemy who dares to invade his country. To be honest he is both talented in strategizing as well as in martial arts, rather suitable to be placed in the warzone. He tried to use this factors to persuade his ministers but no matter what, the main problem here is that he is the emperor, and he is the only direct descendant left, if anything were to happen to him, the whole nation would be in a mess, what if the dynasty were to change it's surname.

Even Fang Xiu Qing did not help Ji Jungkook on this matter. Not only him but none of the ministers agreed to his decision and all pleaded him to change his mind. Ji Jungkook got angry and left Yang Xin Hall, although the ministers were left behind and continue kneeling to make him change his mind. Ye Lisa dropped by Yang Xin Hall to find Ji Jungkook but only found Fang Xiu Qing and her grandfather in deep conversation, both with dark expressions. When Ye Xiu Ming saw Ye Lisa he immediately told her what happened and requested her to help advise the emperor.

So at night, when Ji Jungkook went to Kun Ning Palace, Ye Lisa asked him " I heard you want to go to war personally?"

Ji Jungkook raised his eyebrows "Empress, you also want to stop me from going?"