CHAPTER 42

"Niang-niang, I heard yesterday night the emperor left Kun Ning Palace in the middle of the night, and returned to Gan Qing Palace" Qiu Feng said in the morning while helping Xian Concubine prepare.

"I see", Xian Concubine said while slowly wiping her hands with a smile on her face "Perhaps the empress did something wrong, that angered the emperor"

"Then according to you, what could the empress have done to anger the emperor?"

Xian Concubine gave the handkerchief to another servant, sat in front of the mirror to wait for Qiu Feng to help her comb her hair and said "Su Jie Yu died coincidently"

"It is indeed" Qiu Feng held on to Xian Concubine's hair and combed slowly, and added "previously whenever there were cases that involves human lives, the empress will definitely lead the investigation, but this time it seems like there are no news"

Obviously Xian Concubine will know what Qiu Feng was implying, she herself also thought that the death of Su Jie Yu is related to Ye Lisa, because "it seems, few days ago when that incident happen, the empress was there as well, but she only stood there and saw Su Jie Yu block for the emperor and gained favour, so she was jealous and was holding a grudge"

Qiu Feng thought that this possibility was very high, so she asked ,"then should we use this matter to add oil to the fire?"

"No rush, first we see how the emperor reacts. The assassin was a guard, the emperor would most probably use this chance to implicate Lu and Ye Family as well, just not sure to which extend. The empress in the end would not be able to get anything good of it anyway. Furthermore, even if the emperor let her off, there is still the empress dowager. As for us, we should just have to sit at the peak to look at the tigers fight.

"I will not just sit here and wait, when it is the right time, I will naturally act"

***

Inside Wu Ying Hall, the person in charge of this case, Xie Chang Qing was being questioned by Ji Jungkook. Kang Cheng Lu's interrogation process is not very smooth, no matter how much they tortured or asked him, he only kept saying that he did not like Ji Jungkook, and that he thought that he was a bad emperor, kills others easily, and that there was no mastermind behind him. These type of words.. even a fool would not believe.

Ji Jungkook pondered for a while and asked "That person, few days before the assassination, was his actions suspicious? "

"Replying to your majesty, after asking around the people that were closed to him, we did not manage to find anything suspicious about his previous actions. Just that... this person does not like woman, but a few days ago, it seems like he visited a brothel to drink. "

"To drink?" Ji Jungkook scoffed, "Brothels surely does not lack gossips, which one did he go?"

"Replying to your majesty, the one that he went to is Cui Fang Lou"

"Cui Fang Lou?" Ji Jungkook closed his eyes and murmured to himself "Great, I also need to drop by"

Xie Chang Qing thought that he has found out a very big secret, so he hardened his face, at a side trying to reduce his existence.

Ji Jungkook asked, "The person who falsified the edict, did you find out the culprit already?"

"Replying to your majesty, a constable found a dead body at Xiang River, after we got it up, and after thorough investigation, it has been confirmed he is the person who falsified your edict, to meet with Kang Cheng Lu"

"What is the deceased's background?"

Xie Chang Qing did not answer, but instead looked up and glanced at Feng You De.