CHAPTER 64

The emperor going out to war personally and winning the war. Ye Xiu Ming lead the rest of the ministers to await for his arrival at the Yong Ding Gate. Ji Jungkook has already changed his outfit to the gold emperor robes, riding on a white horse free from any impurities, showing off a very cold and handsome expression, allowing the citizens to admire him. It was not convenient for Ye Lisa to show off her face, so she was just wearing a normal soldier outfit in between the troops behind Ji Jungkook.

This time, his popularity has increased tremendously thanks to winning the war, almost everyone from the capital also came to take a look, all the way from Yong Ding Gate to the Palace, it was filled with people, some even climbed up the roof. Initially Ye Xiu Ming was worried about Ji Jungkook's safety, and wanted to stop the citizens from gathering, but Fang Xiu Qing on the other hand thought that this was the citizen's way of showing their gratefulness, so it was not good to stop them. Ye Xiu Ming decided to follow him this time, and decided to have more people guard Ji Jungkook instead.

Anywhere Ji Jungkook pass by, the citizens all kneeled down and bowed without being instructed.

With so many people around, it wasn't nice to rush back, so he slowed down abit, and returned to the palace slowly.

Once he returned to the palace, Ji Jungkook brought Ye Lisa along to greet the empress dowager, and then went to Yang Xin Hall, to greet his ministers.

The ministers took turns to say good words "The emperor is so brave and smart in leading the troops, really making us Da Qi proud", while he replies with "while I was not around, all of you did a great job in running the nation"

After saying all this useless words without changing their expression, they finally came to the real matters. There was many things awaiting Ji Jungkook to go through, but the ministers all did a good job in handling them so far.

But there was only 1 thing, that no one dares to mention, Ye Xiu Ming also didn't mention, but only kept glancing at Fang Xiu Qing.

It was about the stupid thing the empress dowager did, Ye Xiu Ming's identity is abit sensitive, so it was not right for him to mention it, others was also not suitable to accuse the emperor's mother in front of the emperor. Only Fang Xiu Qing, he is one of the leaders of the cabinet, wearing the same pants with the emperor is well known by everyone, what others find hard to say, or don't dare to say, to be given to him, would be less troublesome to say.

Actually, Fang Xiu Qing didn't really want to mention this matter to Ji Jungkook as well. Since the empress dowager has been treating his daughter well in the back palace, and if they want to bring the empress down, then they will need a lot of power to do so. That is why Fang Xiu Qing initially wanted to partner up with the empress dowager. But now, after such a thing happened, he found out that the empress dowager appears to be smart, but is actually another foolish person, for his daughter to follow her, most probably the empress dowager would just drag her down.

Therefore. Fang Xiu Qing decided to keep some distances with the empress dowager, so facing Ji Jungkook now, he no longer hesitates and said what he both should have and shouldn't have said.

After listening, Ji Jungkook didn't have much expression, and then allowed his ministers to first return.

No expression equals to be the biggest expression, they are all clever people, in their heart they start to calculate who and what matters they should and should not meet.

This side, Ji Jungkook was unhappy, on the other hand Ye Lisa was even more unhappy. The moment she and JI Jungkook left the palace, the empress dowager called Xian Concubine back, not only bringing her back, she also allowed her to take care of the back palace alone, and not only letting her take control of the back palace, she also allowed her to replace the empress in the Silk Ceremony.