Twenty Five

The holiday to Barbados was amazing. Getting married was even better. They enjoyed their time away but they couldn't wait to get home and celebrate with their friends. They had a big party planned. Emma felt guilty that their friends hadn't been at their ceremony but they hadn't wanted the fuss of a big wedding. The stress of who has to avoid who and all the other planning stresses.

The night of the party came and Shane and Emma decided to wear their wedding attire. It was a wedding reception after all. An announcement of their marriage. What upset her was knowing there would never be a pregnancy announcement. It broke her heart but she had reached out to a few wonderful organisations who support women who can't have children and she was talking to other women. It was a great support. Hearing their stories and how they have gone on to adopt, some were able to go down the surrogacy option. Some had been through illness and some like her had fibroids that required surgery. They were so inspirational. They had helped her to see that instead of a pregnancy announcement they could have an adoption announcement. That she could still be a mum. They had talked about adoption during their holiday. Shane was happy to wait for as long as she wanted before starting the process. Emma felt ready but didn't want to tell Shane just yet. She didn't want him to feel pressured into it.

Emma stood before Shane. He couldn't take his eyes off of her. "God you are just so beautiful and sexy. I can't believe you're my wife" Emma smiled at Shane "I'm the lucky one having such a handsome, hot, kind and loving man as my husband"  They shared a gentle kiss before heading out to the venue.

They had hired a beautiful old hall that had all the original features. The DJ was a contact of the dance studio. He had been warned to not play any Westlife songs. Emma wanted the lads to get a break from that. This was their time away from the band after all. They arrived at the hall, their friends waiting inside. The DJ took to the mic to make an announcement "ladies and gentlemen. For the first time, please welcome Mr and Mrs Filan' the doors opened and Emma and Shane walked in to cheers and applause. Everyone took their turn to welcome them and congratulate them.  Gillian, Georgina and Jodi had whisked Emma away for all the gossip, well not all the gossip as some of that was best kept secret. The girls knew Emma couldn't have a baby and Emma didn't want to mention adopting in front of Gillian. "Earth to Emma" Jodi said with a giggle "I'm so sorry. I was miles away. What did you say?"
"When do we get to see the wedding photos?"
"We have them here with us. They are on the table over there near the cake"
Jodi grabbed Georgina and headed over to look, leaving Emma with Gillian.
"I need to say something" Gillian said quietly so others couldn't hear. "I'm not sure if this has come up in conversation but have you thought of adopting?" Emma was stunned. "We have discussed it but I wasn't sure if......"
"Me and the kids would be ok with it?" Emma nodded "oh Emma. The kids would love to have a little brother or sister and I would love for you to have your dream come true. We would never stop that from happening" Emma started crying and Gillian hugged her. "What's wrong?" Emma and Gillian sat up and looked at Shane "don't worry. They are happy tears" Emma replied. Gillian filled him in then left them to talk.
"I don't want you feeling pressured but I am ready to start the process of adopting" Emma said looking at Shane. He smiled "I'm also ready."