13

Please comment and like this chapter - Let me know what you think!

Harper felt like her heart was going to jump out of her chest. Hyde dragged her away and pressed her against a tall bin, out of the soldier's sight. The two men walked by them, carrying on their hearty conversation.

"Make a sound, and I'll pin your body to this case and leave you until you've bled out," Hyde warned her and brought his hand away from her face.

"I w-wasn't going to!" Harper lied. Her pitch was higher than usual, so Hyde wasn't buying it.

"Stay close." Hyde flicked her chin and she flinched away. "What size are you?"

His fingers nipped at the side of her dress. With the formal attire she wore, he knew it would draw a lot of attention. "A 14?"

"Um... no!" Harper felt her cheeks flush. "I'm a size 12... not that it's any of your business."

"You're not a size 12..." Hyde snickered. "Don't lie to yourself."

"And how exactly would you know?"

"I've met a lot of women..." Hyde eyed her body up and down, and Harper scoffed before shielding herself with her arms. "One could say I'm an expert at female anatomy... but I think that may be too much."

"Well, your guess is wrong. Some expert you are." Harper slid away from him awkwardly.

Hyde grabbed long robes and raggedy pants that were lying in a nearby crate. Then he shoved them into her front.

"Strip and put these on."

"Ew! I'm not going to take off my clothes here! This is a public place!"

"There's no one around." Hyde studied the area. They were well hidden behind the bin and a market stall.

"YOU'RE here!"

"You don't have anything I haven't seen before."

"Excuse me?"

"I was the one who cleaned your wounds and wrapped those bandages at the Capital."

Harper's jaw dropped. "You... you sick dastard! You looked at me while I was... I was..."

"Just put the darn sheet on..." Hyde groaned.

"You're so vile! Disgusting!"

"How so?"

"You touched me! You looked at me! All while I was unconscious!"

"Did you want me to just leave you to die of blood loss? It would've been a lot easier."

"That's not my point! I'm a woman, Hyde! I think I deserve some boundaries!"

"Oh... I get it now." Hyde smirked. "I don't know how many times I have to say it. You're not my type, you'll never be my type. I don't even consider you the slightest bit attractive."

Harper pressed her lips thin, giving Hyde another reason to tease her.

"Aw, what happened? Don't have anything to say now? Are you mad? Upset? Disappointed?"

"I'm not." Harper huffed. "Why would I ever be disappointed about you... not... well..."

"If you do your job well, and behave like a good little vixen," Hyde tilted her head upward and leaned dangerously close to her, "I'll show you a good time. But you have to earn it."

"So... disgusting." Harper clenched her teeth.

"Don't be shy..." Hyde slammed his palm by the side of her head, jolting the tall bin, and stirring anxiety within Harper. Her face started to warm up. "I'll go easy on you."