21

Please comment and like this chapter - Let me know what you think!

"Oh... my head..." Harper dragged her feet into the living room and sat at the coffee table. Arnest and Hyde were also sitting there. Arnest was drinking a bottle of water, while Hyde was writing something down onto a piece of paper.

"A well-deserved headache." Arnest snorted.

"Could you be bothersome elsewhere?" Harper coughed. "Don't you have to go help your mother or something? Why are you still here?"

"I should ask you the same thing. The entire week you've been out lollygagging. Why are you still here?"

"I wasn't lollygagging! I was out working! While you two were at home twiddling your thumbs!"

"Oh, I'll show you who's twiddling their thumbs, you wench—"

"Quiet!" Hyde spoke up, and both of them went silent.

Hyde turned to face Harper. "If Giada insists on drinking, next time, don't. I don't like having to care for your lightweight aftermath."

"Okay." Harper huffed.

Hyde brushed his hair back and sighed. "Don't stay out all day either. No one's gonna care for you when you're working yourself to death."

"Fine."

"Do your feet still hurt?"

"Huh?"

"There's ointment beside the mat. It's for your feet. If you haven't already, use it." Hyde pushed himself up and walked out of the Dojo without saying anything else.

He left both Arnest and Harper stunned.

Harper thought she was hearing things, but he sounded concerned. It was the first time that he ever acknowledged her pain so kindly. And his tone wasn't as harsh as it usually was.

What the heck happened to him?

"By the way," Harper changed the subject after noticing something was off. "Where's Yanpu? I haven't seen him in days."

She couldn't believe she let it slip her mind. The child she was responsible for had been away. Harper wished she had realized earlier.

"My mother took him and the others to school."

"School? Since when did Yanpu start going to school?"

"She thought it was strange that he stayed with us all day, and rightfully so."

"So you allowed her to take him away and enroll him?"

"It was Hyde who took and enrolled him. My mother only made the suggestion." Arnest gulped the rest of his water down and cleared his throat.

"Hyde!" Harper rushed up and to the door. He was standing at the entrance smoking a cigarette. When his eyes met hers, Harper began her rant.

"Are you crazy? Enrolling Yanpu in school HERE? Who gave you the permission to do that?"

"I don't need your permission to do anything." Hyde exhaled and a cloud of smoke was blown in her face.

"Yanpu is a delicate child! He isn't like others. He has to be under surveillance at all times!"

"Don't you think the kid should have a normal life and play with other brats his age?"

"No! I don't! Because it's not up to me to make that decision for him! Neither is it yours!"

"Well, it's too late now. What's done is done." Hyde shrugged.

"Go and take him out of school, now."