22

Please comment and like this chapter - Let me know what you think!

Harper stayed secluded in the bedroom so she wouldn't have to deal with Hyde when he finished helping Arturo and came back to the Dojo. But fortunately, hours had gone by and he hadn't returned.

She was still very upset. Again, Hyde insulted everything she worked for and believed in. Just what kind of friend was he? If Arnest and he were close, why would Hyde agree with Arturo?

Hyde didn't make any sense, proving to her that he was insane.

"Ughhhh! That crazy dastard will be the death of me." Harper massaged her head to prevent the migraine from coming on.

His craziness was starting to run off on her. Despite all the belittling from Hyde and Arnest, she still helped them in some way.

Lying to Arnest's family so their true characters wouldn't be exposed, and giving Hyde an antidote whenever he needed it. The amount of times Hyde threatened her life wasn't enough to stop her from helping him.

She wondered if she was starting to develop Stockholm syndrome. Was she?

"Oh, overseers. Am I insane?" Harper whined.

Harper heard the front door opening, bringing her out of her thoughts. The footsteps to enter weren't heavy enough to be Hyde's or Arnest's. They were soft.

"Yani!" Harper quickly crawled up and opened the bedroom door.

Sure enough, the boy was there. He heard his name being called.

Harper was relieved to see him safe, but the moment his teary eyes met with hers, her heart broke. "Yani, are you okay—"

Yanpu sauntered by her and headed for the stairway.

"Yani! What's wrong?" Harper grabbed his arm, but Yanpu quickly slapped it away. "Hey! Yanpu!"

He stomped up the stairs in a fit.

"Yanpu! That is not how I taught you! If something is wrong, tell me!" Harper followed him. "Yanpu! Are you listening to me?"

"No." He voiced coldly.

"No?"

"No."

Harper fumed. It was behavior she had never seen from him before. Yanpu was always mild and never complained. He never had temper tantrums.

"Yani! You're going to listen!" Harper grabbed him again. "You're not like this usually. You've always told me how you felt directly. Throwing a fit is not how you were raised. So— AH!"

Yanpu grabbed Harper's hand and bit her. The moment his teeth sank into her skin, she released him and Yanpu ran off up the stairs and into another room.

Harper was left stunned. For the first time ever, she didn't know what to do.

"Yanpu..." Harper went up the stairs. "Yanpu... tell me what's going on, okay? Are you hurt?"

She walked up to the closed door and turned the knob. It was locked, which was what she feared. "Yani! Open the door!" She knocked very loudly.

No reply. It was silent.

"Yanpu!" Harper knocked harder.

"Leave me alone!"

"Woah. That's not how you speak to people."

"No shite."

"Excuse me? Yanpu! Be reasonable! Stop acting so childish! Come out here and talk to me like a..." Harper paused momentarily, realizing how she was going to finish her sentence.