8

Please comment and like this chapter - Let me know what you think!

"Didn't you hear me calling you?" Harper grabbed onto Yanpu's shoulder and turned him around. "You can't just run off like that!"

"Harper—"

"I know you're excited about exploring but it's not safe! So don't go anywhere like you just did! Stay within my sight!"

"Harper—"

"What?" She frowned.

"I saw them." Yanpu smiled.

"You saw... what?"

"The stars..." He pointed to the sky with a wide smile. Harper raised her head and studied the black sky.

Other than dim lights and heavy fog, she couldn't see anything. "Yanpu... stars are just a legend. You can't actually see one. Those bright orbs are just the lights."

"The stars are there!"

"If you say so, Yani." Harper sighed. "Let's go back to the room before—" Harper felt her arm being snatched. Before she could finish her sentence, she and Yanpu were dragged deep into the lobby.

The perpetrator was none other than Hyde. Harper felt her heart skip a beat.

He walked over to the elevator, pressed a button, and when the doors opened, he shoved Yanpu inside. But his firm clutch remained on Harper's arm.

"You must want to die," Hyde's eyes burned into her soul when he turned his head to look at her.

"No no no!" Harper shook her head to deny his coming accusation. "Yanpu ran off! I wasn't trying to escape!"

"Bull."

"No! I'm serious! I even went to ask Arnest for help, but he's—- well... go and check for yourself!"

Hyde grabbed Harper by the throat and clenched his fingers around it tightly. Harper choked, and snagged onto his forearm, a desperate attempt to fight for air.

"H... Hyde!" Harper coughed.

Hyde flared his nostrils at her but released her with a heavy sigh. "That was your last chance. However, as much as I enjoy the thought of carrying out your death right now, I still have a job to finish." He tilted her chin up.

"Head right back to the room, and wait for me. If you try to leave again, I'll tear off your legs first, and then work my way up to dissect your arms. Do you understand?"

Harper nodded. She was just thankful that he spared her one more time. But she knew that his command had an underlying meaning. Maybe he was going to kill her after he was done.

The thought of that sent chills down her spine.

The elevator doors opened, and Harper rushed inside and next to Yanpu, who was still standing there awkwardly. Without another word from Hyde, they went back to the room.

~~~

Harper barely received enough sleep as she waited for Hyde to come. Her nerves were overstimulated. Honestly, she was ready to book it out of the room if he had arrived.

Despite her anxiety, she found herself coming out of slumber in the early hours of the morning. When her mind grog cleared, she was able to think straight.

And the first thing she wondered was why the sheets felt so cold and empty beside her. Yanpu was close to her hours before, but where was he now?

Worry stirred in her heart as she sat up.