16

Please comment and like this chapter - Let me know what you think!

Yanpu clutched onto Arnest's leg while he propped himself against the pole on the other side of the ship.

Harper felt herself being thrown in the air, only being held by the metal chain. Harper began screaming as her body waved up and down.

She started to hyperventilate. She reached for the pole, but her fingers slipped. Her tears dried quickly when they fell because of the heavy gust of wind being thrown in her face.

Her chain started to drag higher, and her screams grew louder. She felt herself slipping out of the clasp.

Before the wind could take her away, Hyde grabbed onto her robe and dragged her down to his side.

Instinctively, she wrapped her arms around his shoulders and her legs around his front tightly. Her pants became heavier, and her chest pounded against Hyde's.

Her rocking against him made him uneasy. The wind picked up, and Hyde felt his feet slip against the deck. With his free arm, he wrapped it around Harper's waist and took a step back to keep them both from flying away.

His hair whipped around in Harper's face, causing her to bury her head in his shoulder.

"I knew you wouldn't keep quiet for long."

Harper raised her head to glare at him, but the sky distracted her.

There were millions of stars, and the sky was different shades of blue, fuschia, and purple. Harper had never seen a star before. The skies of Westona were always dark and foggy.

The air was always polluted with gas and smoke. Harper thought stars only existed in legendary tales. Her mother used to tell her about them. But she didn't know they existed.

They were beautiful.

"Enabling Gravity Field." Harald pressed another button on the panel. Harper's body weight went heavier against Hyde.

He placed her onto the deck and unhooked the metal clasp from his wrist. Harper's was still attached, because she didn't trust the technology.

"You can release me now." Hyde raised an eyebrow at Harper, who was still gripping onto him as her life depended on it. "Let go."

Harper's hands shook as she moved them away. Hyde helped removing her wrist, and stepped away. But Harper stayed near the pole, refusing to move in case anything happened.

Yanpu came running over to Harper with a big smile on his face. "Look, Harper! Stars! I told you! I saw them!"

"Y... yeah..." Harper slid down into a sitting position.

"Can we touch them?" Yanpu's eyes lit up with excitement.

"I'm sorry, Yanpu. Right now... I think I need some quiet...alone time." Harper rested her head against the pole.

"Are you... okay?"

"I'm... fine." Harper dismissed his worries. Her front was throbbing. She was still in a lot of pain physically, and mentally. She wanted nothing more than some sleep.

She would have to look deeper into the stars later. Seeing a clear sky was a shock to her. Everything she learned in school and the Facility never mentioned anything about stars being real, or being visible at all.

She needed time to process it all, including Yanpu's abilities. It was a discovery of a lifetime. If Bomb found out, he'd be ecstatic. Yanpu truly was the perfect fit to help rid Westona of disease.