23

Please comment and like this chapter - Let me know what you think!

"Hyde! You made it!" Arturo welcomed the trio with open arms while Hyde set Harper down near one of the tables. "I see... the whole family is here to celebrate, aiy?"

He joked, gesturing to Yanpu and Harper.

"I didn't come because of your updated menu. I'm just hungry."

"Oh, Hyde, don't be shy." Arturo snickered and smacked his shoulder roughly. Then he smiled at Harper and ushered her into the seat. "Come! Sit! Sit! The menu is here, Amora. Tell me if you see anything you like."

Then he looked at Yanpu. "And for the little one? He eats for free. Young boys must eat plenty so they can grow real strong, si." Arturo brushed Yanpu's hair playfully. "What is his name again?"

"Yanpu."

"Ah. Yes! Yanpu." Arturo nodded. "Yanpu, I have a special meal prepared for you. Would you like to try?"

"Is it... ice cream?" Yanpu's eyes lit up with excitement. Harper remembered the promise she had made. No doubt, he was still very excited about trying it for the first time.

"Hm. No. Scusi. But! It is very sweet like ice cream. A new pastry was added here. All the children of Piccposto love it."

"What kind of pastry is it?" Harper inquired, hoping that it wasn't something harmful to Yanpu. She was very nervous about letting him try unfamiliar foods. Exposure was good when it was controlled.

"It doesn't matter," Hyde spoke over her. "He'll take it."

"Hyde—"

"Don't start. I'm buying meals for both of us. If you know what's good for you, keep those lips shut." Hyde flipped open his menu, annoyed by her unnecessary questions.

"Okay! Come young one, I'll take you to try it. It is a hazelnut biscuit. You will like." Arturo grabbed Yanpu by the hand and winked at both Harper and Hyde. "I'll be back. Don't hesitate to look through the menu. It's Piccposto's best, no Itaria's!"

When Arturo led Yanpu away, Harper quickly shifted her angry gaze to Hyde.

"You're so irritating. I only asked because Yanpu is not familiar with the food."

"You're babying him..."

"I'm his caretaker! I have every right to be worried!"

"Just pick what you want, already."

"Fine." Harper huffed and flipped open the menu. She paused when she realized. "Wait..."

Why was Hyde treating her to eat? They had been arguing all day. Not to mention, they couldn't stand the sight of each other.

She looked at him, but he was extremely focused on the page he was reading. His fingers slid down as he examined all his options.

What if he was planning on poisoning her?

Harper felt sick in the stomach just thinking of that.

"Have you figured it out yet?" Hyde grumbled. "I don't have all day. I want to get my order over with."

"Um... I... I don't know..."

Hyde rolled his eyes. "I'll order the same dish for both of us—"

"No, wait!" Harper grabbed him by the arm, stopping him from signaling to one of the waiters. "Um... uh..."

"Do you want a platter or a stew?"

"Which one is better?"

"All of it."