25

Please comment and like this chapter - Let me know what you think!

When Harper finished eating, she stopped Arnest before he exited the doors.

"Where's Yanpu?"

"Giada," Arnest answered honestly. "She's helping him with a project."

"A project?" Harper wondered what project he was assigned after only a few days of attending school.

"Close the door."

Harper realized that she was holding him up. She quickly stepped back, and let the door come to a close. She wasn't used to Arnest's change of tone.

His hostile posture changed drastically. It felt eerie to her.

Harper roamed her way into the bedroom. There, she saw Hyde setting up a mat next to the one he already owned.

"Is this for me?"

Hyde rolled his eyes. "No. It's mine. This side is for my feet," He pointed at one mat before motioning his hand over to the other one. "And this one is for my head."

"No need to be sarcastic," Harper murmured and sat down on top of the new mat. "Thank you."

"I didn't buy it for you. I'm sick of hearing your snoring. Laying on this might help you shut up so I can sleep."

Harper bit her tongue, holding back all the words she wanted to say. "Even if that's the case, thank you."

Hyde's red eyes became more radiant as they burned into her head. Harper fidgeted nervously under his glare.

"Hyde, I—"

"What is wrong with you?"

"What?"

"This act. This front you're putting up. You're skittish and mild all of a sudden. And now you're getting along with Arnest? Cut the bullcrap."

"What act?"

Hyde scoffed at her. "Ah, I get it. Do you think this change of behavior is gonna persuade me to trust you? I'm not as stupid as you think, Vixen. Cross me the wrong way, and I swear I'll—"

"Why are you trying to argue with me about nothing?" Harper groaned.

"I will never trust you. Just because you have Arnest wrapped around your finger now—"

"Why do you keep bringing Arnest up?"

"Arnest is weak-minded. He's a sucker for sob stories."

"What happened between us is none of your business. And it doesn't give you a right to insult him!"

"Now you're defending him."

"What? Are you jealous?" Harper flicked Hyde on the forehead. His eyes became torched, and his nose flared.

"Jealous? Pay attention to what's happening around you. I could go out and get any woman I want. Why would I be jealous of Arnest?" He eyed Harper up and down before tusking. "You're overconfident in your average looks."

"Then go! Get a woman! Do whatever you want!" Harper fumed. "You think you're a bag of chips. Any woman would be LUCKY to avoid the path you walk on! Lazy, no good, no skills. I bet the women who spend a night with you end up disappointed because of your awful attitude."

"You wanna test that bet?"

"On a waste like you? Ha!"

Hyde tackled her onto the mat.