Dr. Mackin Help Us Please

-Friday Morning -
Abby's Pov:
I get a call from alison's school once again "Alison needs to go home she is sitting in class crying and refuses to do any work. I think she is probably not feeling well again her hand has been on her stomach since she got here" the principal tells me "Okay ill be there to get her soon " i tell her sighing this time I call Dr. Mackin myself "Good morning abby. What's going on our next session isn't until next Thursday " she asks "I have to go get alison from school again. Her stomach is bothering her because her Ibs is acting up and she wont do work or talk to anyone she's crying " i explain "Okay. Abby why don't you just bring her here and well she what we can do there is group today. We can just see how she does. She is obviously having a really difficult time with them so just make sure she brings something to work on cause part of the day group does an hour and a half of school work. " she says "alright im not opossed to that" i tell her I go pick up alison who is clinching her stomach. "again " i ask she looks exhausted she nods i bring her to the car "Alison were gonna go see Dr. Mackin " i tell her as i drive her to the office she nods. She gets there and i take her and her bookbag inside the office "Hi ali do you feel well enough to be here " Dr. Mackin asks ali nods "Okay your Friends are in the back you can go on back okay honey? " Dr. Mackin says ali grabs her book bag and goes to the back "Do you want me to stay with her incase she's in too much pain? "i ask "No she seems to be able to communicate her needs well with me. I wanna see if change in environment may allow her to feel better" she admits i nod "Okay if you need me let me know! " i tell her she nods "pick up is 3 for them " she says i nod "Thank you ill be here " i assure her
Alison's Pov:
My stomach is still doing backflips as I walk to the back of Dr. Mackins office. I dont feel that good but I don't wanna be a burden to poor auntie so I agreed to come see Dr. Mackin and be here all day. As I walk back I see the kids I saw last group session. I don't see Hailey though and I begin to get sad. Everyone is sitting in a circle on the carpet so I decided to do the same as them. I look over at colton and liam they seem to be looking at books from the shelves and I wonder if I should be doing the same I look at the book case and I grab a book with a pink cover but then I realize I can't read and I begin to cry. I look at the pages with my stomach flipping again and tears rolling down my face. liam notices and comes over to me "Hey Ill help you " he says i wipe my tears. We read about a girl named Pinkalious Liam is really smart and can say all the words on the page "Im liam by the way " he says and then Dr. Mackin comes in the room. "Hey Kiddos are you reading to alison liam! " she says he nods "Thank you for helping our new friend " she commends him and hands him a sticker. He runs over and puts it on a chart "Thank you! " he says smiling "Okay all lets put the books away " she instructs liam and i listen but for colton has to be told alot. "Colton one more time and you will sit for free time " dr mackin says he finally comes to the circle I sit there with my hands folded as we begin the day. I hear a door bell and Dr. Mackin gets up "One second kiddos " she says and goes to get the door. Dr. Mackin comes back a few minutes later with Hailey I smile "Hi " she says putting her bag down on a seat and immediately coming to sit next to me. My stomach starts to feel alittle better and my body more relaxed. " Hi!" i grin from ear to ear. I know this day is going to be good. "Ali would you like to share how you feel today " dr. mackin says she hands me a pillow to take the velcro off of and place the flower on my feeling i nod i look and think hard. "Come on ! I wanna go!" colton yells i get quieter "Colton please be nice to our new friend " Dr. Mackin says the noise in my stomach comes back feeling pressure to pick the right feeling. "Take your time alison " hailey says putting her hand on mine. I panick and begin to cry. "Ali its okay " dr mackin says i hold the pillow and feel sad i can't decide what the right answer is "Alison you can find the sad face or you can wait and see how everyone else does it its your choice " Dr. Mackin says i nod I hand the pillow to hailey "Hailey will you tell us how you feel " Dr. Mackin prompts she immediately grabs the flower and sticks it on the happy face " You're happy Hailey? " Dr. Mackin asks she nods "Im happy because Alison's back! " she says proudly this makes me feel better i wipe my tears. Maybe not everyone is mad at me. "That was so sweet " Dr. Mackin says everyone goes around and says there feeling. "Alison would you like to try again " She asks i nod i grab the flower and find the worried face "Alison why are you worried honey? " she asks "I dont want my auntie to leave me. I dont want my mom to come back. " i say very quietly "Okay thank you Ali good job" she says "Since I know that was hard for you I wanna give you a sticker" she says i smile she explains that sticker charts give you prizes after five stickers and i smile. We spend the next couple hours doing work liam has a hard time with this and Dr. Mackin spends alot of time talking to him. I get really worried when it comes time to do math and have to go potty three times. "Alison are you okay? " Dr. Mackin asks as i glance down at my math "Oh honey I can help you" she tells me I smile Dr. Mackin guides me through my math work. After its done she gives me another sticker and shows me the toys shelf. Hailey and I play with kinetic sand. " were going to clean up in five minutes so we can have some lunch and well start seeing some of your families " dr.mackin says "How come you came today? " Hailey says " I was upset so i didn't do my school work " i tell her " Do you go to school" i ask she nods "only on monday and wednesday " she tells me "Your so lucky! " i say "Yeah i come here the other days. I get really sad and worried at school" she admits "Sometimes I feel like i cant breathe and the nurse has to come to my classroom " she adds looking down sad " i feel badly for making her feel sad "It's okay when im in school my stomach hurts really really bad and sometimes i get really mad " i tell her "really? " she says "then my auntie has to come and it makes me feel really bad " i tell her looking down "my auntie takes me home from school too" she says "Okay everyone clean up" dr mackin says interupting so we all clean up quickly and sit down "Ali come sit me" hailey says i nod sitting next her "Were having spaghetti for lunch " dr. mackin says bring in the trays she places them in front of us. I stare at my plate while everyone eats and my stomach aches i haven't eaten much lately expect when auntie makes me take a few bites. i sit there feeling worried and begin to cry "Alison it's okay " hailey says I continue to cry "Ali how can i help you? " Dr. Mackin says leaning down next to me i cry just wanting it to go away. I push it towards the other side of the table "can you take a bite " she asks but i sob feeling scared to try it "Do you want me to take it ? Would that make you feel better? " she asks i nod vigorously as soon as she picks it up my body begins to calm down "It's okay ali take a breathe " she says i do as im told and put my head on the table waiting for auntie to come get me. Eventually i hear the door bell ring again and i hope that it's auntie as everyone continues to eat. "Good afternoon Dr. Mackin" Auntie says as i grab my stuff and push in my chair "Alison will you be back on tuesday? " Haliey asks me i shurg "okay" she says coming to hug me "I hope i can see you soon " she says letting go "me too "
i smile and walk to the front "Alison had a very good day only three trips to the bathroom during school work time but she did everything she was supposed to. Oh and then we did have an issue at the end with food " dr mackin says to auntie before we head out the door "I think if the school is okay with it we could try doing one day here going forward and see if that makes going to school easier for her " Dr. Mackin continues "Yeah id be okay with that whatever is gonna help her" auntie agrees as i hold onto her tightly "okay perfect " dr mackin says "well be intouch to get releases signed " she adds "have a good weekend " auntie says holding my hand to the car