Chapter 49

JiU's POV
I remained in the same spot until I no longer heard the sirens in the distance, could no longer see the blue lights reflecting in the water. Until I was surrounding by nothing but utter silence, besides the late morning wind and the birds that inhabited the small woodland surrounding the cliff.

I took the doctors coat off, throwing it off the cliff, watching as it floated into the water, guided by the breeze, and then I looked at the weapon, checked how much ammo it had. Not much, but enough and I looked at the lanyard, at the identity that I temporarily stole, considering throwing it off too. But deciding not to after seeing the cut pins and badges that were scattered along it. I decided I'd return it if given the chance, and if not, giving it to the same person I was going to trust with Handong's car.

And I took a minute to breathe. To consider whether I was really making the right choice, but unable to find a reason not to do this. Unable to find a reason that wasn't selfish that is.

I am doing this. And I'm doing it soon.

I stayed at the cliff for another hour, waiting for everything to definitely calm down as I said goodbye to the special location, a location that I'll never see again after today. Saying goodbye to the memories that came with it.

Once I came to terms with all the facts, I got back in the car, placing the lanyard in the glovebox. Speeding to Baem-Ui hotel, without a single care for the attention I attracted by doing so.

And before I knew it, I was heading to the back entrance of the Hotel. Gun in hand. Waiting for any traffic to die down before approaching.

I pointed my gun at the two security guards that stood by the door. This is it. This is the moment. There's no going back now. If I'm going down on this very day, Kim Heechul is going down with me.

"Open the door." I demanded switching off the safety. They two men did as was asked and walked backwards into the building, not taking their eyes off the gun in hand. I pushed further through the hotel. Entering a much more populated area.

As I did this, Heechul's men tried to take advantage of the numbers.

One jumping of the lounge desk to try and catch me by surprise, I shot before thinking and a heavy thud sounded from the wooden floor. The suited men saw this as a chance to attack.

One instantly trying to strike me with a knife. I managed to dodge this man, but the next came too quickly, deepening the would on my upper arm. A third tried to attack quickly after, I barely managed to avoid this one, but I did.

The man after trying the same move, but this time I was prepared and rolled under his arm, using the floor to increase the power in my kick, tripping over another man, who suffered a rough landing. Another tried to strike me with a large knife, but I stepped back in time, another followed in pursuit, but again I just barely avoided him. Another tried to stab me in my face, but Iducked in response, I grabbed the next man's arm, using him to pin the other against the wall, shooting point blank so the bullet hit them both.

Another duck, another shot, more and more dodged it was almost never ending.

Another man struck manically, I dragged him to the floor, however as a result we both tumbled down a flight of stairs. The men took advantage of this, trying to strike me while I was down, I rolled out of the way once again, but the man kicked me once again, kicking me down another short flight of stairs. However there was much more space here, and I had managed to take one of their knives, stabbing one man in the heart, and using him to stab another of the men.

I continued to use the men on each other, using some as shields, some as weapons. Now only three remained. I managed to stab one in the abdomen, but lost grip as one of the last two men kicked me away.