Chapter 13

♡︎♡︎♡︎

JUNGKOOK'S POV

"Cheers." I lift my martini glass. "To Kourtney, for coming out and living out all of our bisexual, polyamorous fantasies." Kourtney covers her mouth and tries not to spit out the wine she just sipped. "Do you have bisexual fantasies, Jungkook?" I hike a shoulder. "No, but you and Celeste are hot, and I wouldn't mind watching." Celeste grins. "We are pretty damn hot, if I do say so myself." Jimin wraps his arm around Kourtney's shoulders. "I'm just so happy you felt comfortable enough to come out to us. We would never judge you." Kourtney rests her head against Jimin's shoulder. "That means the world to me. I wish my father felt the same way."

Sadness pricks my heart. Kourtney recently came out to her parents and
told them that she wants to be with both Jason and Celeste-her husband
and their childhood best friend. It shocked all of us, but in the end, her
happiness is what matters most to us. Her father, unfortunately, did not
share our sentiment. They haven't spoken since she told him.

"Forget about us." Celeste waves her hand and turns her attention to me.
"Let's talk about you. I need all the details about what's happening between you and V." I spin the stem of the glass. "Well, we have to go on a few dates and make our relationship public. He'll do a press conference and announce that we've been dating for a while, so the world thinks we're already an established couple, which shouldn't be too hard of a sell since our bestfriends married each other. Then I'll move into his house; we'll have a short engagement; and we'll get married." I hike a shoulder. "We talked it all out on the phone the other day, so we have a plan."
Celeste blinks at me. "You're giving me nothing."

My eyebrows press together. "Those are all the details I know." "I want to hear about the tension between you. Give me angst, give me passion, give me longing glances because you both want each other but you don't want to blur the lines of your agreement."
I cough out a laugh. "I think you're reading too many of jimin's books."
Kourtney nudges Celeste with her elbow. "They haven't even gone on
their first date yet." "I don't care. I've seen them in the same room together. I see something there." Celeste snatches her purse off her chair and digs inside her wallet until she pulls out a fifty-dollar bill, slamming it on the table. "I bet you're going to fall in love with Kim Taehyung before you file for divorce." Jimin squeals. "Me too!" My mouth flaps open. "Are you kidding me? We're not falling in love." Jimin pulls out two twenties and a ten. "Ante up, bitch." Kourtney shakes her head on a sigh as she reaches for her purse. "Sorry, Jungkook. I love love too much to not take this bet."

I roll my eyes. "You guys are romanticizing this. Nothing about this situation will lead to love. We're just two friends helping each other out.
That's it." "Two friends who are very attracted to each other." Celeste winks. "I see the way you look at him with those fuck me eyes of yours."
I grunt. "Yeah, a lot of good they're doing." Jimin squeezes my shoulder. "But now you know why he turned you down that first night." Learning about Harin did help heal my bruised ego, understanding why Taehyung doesn't do one-night-stands.

"I don't know the first thing about kids." I down the rest of my martini
and set the empty glass on the table. "Or being married. This is a disaster
waiting to happen." "Marriage is whatever you want it to be." Kourtney laces her fingers with Celeste's. "I'm with a man and a woman. That's not traditional marriage, and that's okay. We make it right for us." Celeste nods. "Plus, Taehyung has a nanny. I'm sure she'll be able to help you with anything you need to know. You won't be alone." "I think you're going to make a great pseudo step-mom." Jimin smiles. "Though I have to admit, I'm shocked you're agreeing to this."
"I shocked myself." I lift a shoulder and let it fall. "I don't know. Something pulled in my chest as I looked at that little girl. I saw myself in her, knowing there's a parent out there who didn't want her just like mine didn't want me."