Story VII

Nico shut the door behind him softly as he entered his and Will's apartment. It was late. Really late. Nico worked a night job at a bar and often got home around 1:00 in the morning. Usually Will is asleep, considering he's a teacher and needs his rest, since he wakes up early in the morning. But it was Saturday, so that meant Will could wait for Nico before going to sleep.

Will was chilling on a bar stool at the kitchen island reading, while he waited for Nico to get home. Will missed his husband. Since Nico got a schedule change at the bar, they barely crossed paths, let alone spent time together. Will knew Nico was tired, but he also knew that they both wanted to spend time with one another.

Nico took off his shoes and hung up his keys, making his way towards Will. He was fairly surprised that Will was still up, and felt kind of bad that he was waiting for him. Nico crept up behind Will and wrapped his arms around Will's middle, resting his head on Will's shoulder. Will was surprised at first but then realized it was Nico, and tilted his head back to look at his husband.

"Hey Neeks," Will greeted with a bright smile, even though it was pretty late. Nico smiled back and kissed Will's temple.

"Hey," Nico greeted, "What'cha doin' up so late?" Nico asked, letting his eyes flutter shut as he leaned into Will's warmth.

"Well... I know we both have been busy with work and I don't have class tomorrow, so I thought I would stay up 'till you got home and we could hang out," Will explained as he put his book down and turned around in the seat to face Nico, trapping him between his legs. Nico smiled at him and pecked his lips softly.

"Thanks, I just wanna cuddle," Nico said groggily as he wrapped his arms around Will tighter and buried his face in the others' shirt. Will just chuckled and stoked Nico's hair lovingly.

"You know..." Will drawled, bringing Nico's face up to his own with a smirk, "We could do more than just cuddle, if you want," He said as he raised his eyebrows suggestively. Nico just blankly stared at him, taking in his beautiful blonde hair and golden features.

"What? You mean like kissing?" Nico asked with doe eyes. Nico knew what Will was suggesting, but he thought he would play a little bit. Nico kept his expression innocent and leaned up to press a gentle kiss to Will. Will's expression faltered, and he exhaled softly, his breath ghosting over Nico's face.

"Sure, like kissing," He agreed sarcastically as he hugged his husband tighter. Nico let out a breathy snicker and hugged Will back.

When they broke apart, they headed to their bedroom. Nico quickly changed into his pajamas, which pretty much consisted of boxers and a large t-shirt. Will had already climbed in bed, waiting for Nico to finish cleaning up.

Nico finally finished and crawled into bed, snuggling up against Will. Nico laid his head on Will's chest, and Will nuzzled his nose into Nico's soft ink blank hair. It smelled of alcohol and bar food. Not the most comforting smell, but Nico was too tired to take a shower. Will really didn't mind the smell though, it was what Nico normally smelled like, and Will loved whatever was Nico. Nico held tightly onto Will, listening to his heartbeat, a slow steady pace, that always made Nico relax and feel like nothing could ever hurt him. He listened, and slowly felt himself drift to sleep. Will was getting sleepy too, he gave Nico a kiss on the forehead, then fell asleep as well.

The sun was shining, warm through the blinds. Will slowly opened his eyes to the bright room that was lit up only by the cracks in the blinds from the sun outside. It was a lot brighter than the usual time he wakes up. Nico was still lying peacefully on his chest, snoring softly. Will smiled down at Nico and brought his hand up to play with the smaller boy's hair. Will glanced over at the clock and read that it said 3:00 pm. Will was surprised to say the least. He knew they went to bed late, but they had slept for over 12 hours! Shows what cuddling with Nico does to him. Nico shifted slightly and cuddled closer to Will, burying his head into Will's neck. His hair tickled Will's nose and Will got another whiff of the bar smell. Nico really needs to take a shower. Will nudges Nico softly until he hears an irritated groan from his husband.