Story XIV

***IMPORTANT*** If you haven't already checked out my new story, called 'Through a Blind Man's Eyes' please check it out, it would mean a lot to me <3333 If you already have, then thank you SO much!!

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

"Dads!" Bianca screeched.

Nico and Will looked at each other from their place on the couch, then shot up and practically ran to where their daughter was.

"Bianca?" Will asked as he made his way toward her voice.

"In here!" she called from the bathroom. Will glanced at Nico before heading to their daughter.

They tentatively knocked on the bathroom door and heard a soft 'come in' from the other side. Will creaked the door open to find Bianca sitting on the toilet.

"Bee, what's wrong?" he asked, walking towards and crouching down near her.

"I'm bleeding," she whispered in his ear. At first Will was confused. Then, realization struck.

"Did you get your period?" he asked gently, taking her hands in his.

"I think so," she whispered, clearly embarrassed.

"Will? What's going on?" Nico asked, concerned, still in the door way.

"It's fine, Neeks," Will said, standing up and walking over to his husband. "She just got her period."

Nico's face went pale. "Will!" he yelled. "What are we supposed to do? I wasn't prepared, she's only ten, Will, ten! We also don't have any pads, miei dei..." Nico started rambling, running a hand through his hair and started hyperventilating.

Will chuckled. "Nico, it's fine," he smiled. "I'll stay here with Bee, while you go to the store and get some pads, okay?" Nico seemed to calm down slightly.

"It's okay papa," Bianca assured. "I know daddy will tell me what I need to know," she smiled at him. Nico's chest stopped heaving and he made his way over to Bianca, stroking her long black hair and giving her a kiss on the head.

"Okay mia stellina, I'll be back," he gave her one last kiss on the head, then headed out of the bathroom. "Hey Will?" he asked before leaving.

Will was already back by Bianca's side, but he peaked up to look at Nico. "What's up hun?"

"What type of pads should I get?"

"Oh," Will thought for a second. Annabeth had given him books on periods when they first were adopting Bianca and he had read them not long ago. He remembered them mentioning the types of pads and the sizes. "Why don't you get size 3s and 2s? It's probably not very heavy since it's her first period. Make sure you get them unscented and get the flexible ones. They're much more comfortable."

Nico just nodded, saying bye one last time, before heading off to the store.

"Alright Bee," Will said, grabbing the bath mat from under the sink and bringing it over to Bianca. He sat down, crossing his legs and rested his hands in his lap. "Why don't you tell me what you know about periods."

"Well..." she glanced off, racking her brain. "I know that they come once a month," she started. Will nodded. "I know that it's when you bleed out of your..." she trailed off pointing down.

Will chuckled. "Yes, darling, that is what it is, but do you know how long they last?"

Bianca shook her head.

"Well, they last between three to seven days usually, but it may differ depending on your body. You will have your period for most of your life, usually ending in your 40s or 50s. Periods should be painless, and if they are painful, you should make sure you get that checked out," he gave her a soft smile and continued. "Now, just because your period itself isn't painful, doesn't mean the side effects can't be,"