042. a little friendlier

L I F E L I N E

march 16, 2023

"hey lib!" daniel answered the call.

"jamesy," she replied with a smile despite him not being able to see.

"are you okay?"

"yeah, i just wanted to talk with you.."

"did you just finished work?"

"mhm" 

"where you heading now?"

"aj's," she said with a small inaudibly sigh.

"you sound really tired," he mentioned in a slightly concerned tone.

"i am.."

"why don't you stay at your place tonight then?"

"i just had a long day that's all.."

"okay. are you driving already?"

"no, i'm just sitting in the carpark. aj lives so far from here," she said with a small groan at the thought of driving almost an hour with the early evening LA traffic.

"do you have plans with aj tonight?"

"not necessarily, no.."

"you should to mine then," he suggested in a cheery manner. "i haven't seen you since the dinner with vi.."

"that's two days daniel," she poorly chuckled.

"come to mine," he said once again. "you don't have to see aj constantly, you're allowed to hang out with your friends, remember?"

"is violet there?"

"no, she's busy with her friends tonight, at an influencer event, doing influencer things," he exaggerated the girl's job title. "even if she was, your know you're still allowed to come over and hang out."

"yeah but she doesn't like me," she said through a yawn.

"libby come over," he switched the topic, not wanting to start any sort of argument with her. "even if it's just for a little nap before you go to your boyfriend's."

".. fine," she gave in after only a couple seconds of thinking. "i'll text you when i'm there."

"don't be silly, you know you don't have to text, just come straight in," he corrected her. "i'll see you soon libby. drive safe."

"see you soon.. i love you"

"i love you more."

sitting in silence for a couple seconds, liberty was the one to pull her phone away from her ear and hung up the call. starting up her car, and making the somewhat short drive from her work to her best friend's place.