045. clueless to the obvious

L I F E L I N E

march 17, 2023

shortly after talking on the phone with liberty, daniel had sent a text to violet to see what the girl was up to. and it didn't take long for the two to end up making plans to hang out — since the both were up to nothing.

driving from his place to her apartment, he stopped out the front and sent violet a quick text. smiling once his eyes landed on her coming out of the building, her little overnight bag in hand.

"hey," she returned the gesture as she let herself into the car.

"how are you?" he questioned while taking her bag off of her and reaching behind, setting it down in the back seat.

"i'm good," she replied as she done the seatbelt up.

"mh," he softly hummed, pulling away fromt the curb and starting the drive back to his place. "lilli messaged me before.. she wanted to invite you out tonight."

"oh? where?"

"to the club her boyfriend's dj-ing at," he slightly glanced over at the girl then back at the road. "she didn't realise you weren't twenty-one yet."

"i don't know if a club is really my preferred setting anyway," she somewhat awkwardly chuckled.

"i don't even think she wants to be there to be fair."

he knew liberty too well. although she never said she didn't want to, in fact she said she did, he could tell simply by her tone and the fact she wanted someone to keep her company throughout the night, that she really didn't want to be there.

"hm.. why would she want to invite me over her friends anyway?"

"she just convinces herself they're busy instead of asking what they're up to.. especially after haven and her ex started seeing each other fully.. she thinks they've taken haven side- which isn't true, they don't agree with that guy cheating and lying to the both of them, and then her staying with him."

"lilli doesn't have the best luck with guys?" she subtly raised a brow.

"not the best track record, no, with anyone, not just guys," he explained. "she's so desperate for love that she's so clueless to the obvious.."

"what do you mean by that..?"

"ignoring guys treating her bad.. sabotaging relationships that are good for her.." he listed, although coming up with even a second reason was difficult cause what he was really referring to he of course couldn't mention to a girl he was seeing. "just stuff like that.."

".. do you.. still.. like lilli..?" she hesitantly replied, getting the vibes based on how he had answered her previously.

"i wasn't talking about me," he quickly shook his head, avoiding the actual question. "i was meaning more like her and jack.. although i don't like the idea of it, i know he'd treat her well. but instead she ruins it over something he can't necessarily control."

"which is literally such a stupid reason because she actually loves kids," he continued to ramble. "especially his daughter. every time lav's she's the first to her, she'd take her on walks and to the park while we were working on music, she'd go out with her and her mom when they all came to europe for eight letters. like she loves that girl."

"i mean.. there's a difference between liking kids and being a parent to one.."

"she wants kids," he corrected. "just not right now-"

"could we please stop talking about her," violet politely interrupted as she blurted out. "i don't mind that you're friends with her, but she's all you talk about sometimes.."

"sorry.."

"if you want a relationship with me, i would like if you would speak a little less about her and your opinions on her relationships when they're not necessary to a conversation.. i just want to set a boundary, that's all.."

"no, of course," he quickly nodded.

"and while we're on the topic.. could we like finally do something tonight.." she emphasised the word since she didn't want to explicitly say the activity, receiving a slightly confused look from him as they pulled up at a red light. "like more than just a couple kisses.. i just want a physical connection with you.."

"yeah, yeah, sure," he repeated the same action just a quick if not faster as he caught onto what she was meaning. "you can take full control tonight."

"i mean you can.. i just wanted to suggest the idea of it.." she slightly awkwardly explained.

"we'll figure it out," he sent her a small smile before turning his attention back to the road as the light switched to green.

AUTHOR'S NOTE!
i've been planning out the
next few chapter so hopefully
i can get some more updates
out sooner now :))