046. we don't need to

L I F E L I N E

march 19, 2023

laying in the aj's bed the morning after a second late night in a row out at the club that he was dj-ing for. his arms tightly wrapped around the girl, more of which was a form of possession rather than the affection she believed it to be.

liberty was laying there awake just blankly staring across the room, unable to reach over for her phone on the bedside table due to the restriction from him. unless she wanted to risk waking him, which she didn't want to do quite yet.

although soon after a heavy groan left the boy's mouth as the sound of a phone ringing sounded the room and woken him. liberty instantly sat up and saw that it was her's, she kept one of her hands on aj's as she reached over with the other for the device.

seeing a facetime call from her oldest brothers, she accepted it while falling back into the same spot on the bed with a smile across her face knowing exactly why he was calling.

"awww," she reacted the second the camera loaded in and she was met with her newborn niece. "she's adorable."

"sunny's here too," her brother flipped the camera around to his other daughter sat in his lap. "say hi to aunty lil, baby."

"hiii!"

"hi sunny," liberty held her phone slightly further away from her so she could wave back at the 3 year old. "are you excited to have baby sissy here?" she watched as the toddler lent over and kissed the baby's head. "awe. and what's baby's name?"

"baby josie!" sunny quickly answered.

"yeah," aiden chuckled while wrapping his other arm around the girl to stop her from wriggling around too much on the hospital bed. "josie pippa mckenna. born 11:02 last night."

"cuteee. and how's lia doing?"

"hi lilli," amelia, his wife, smiled as the camera was turned to her. "i'm doing well, thank you. a lot calmer than when i had sunny."

"that good. and i hope aiden's taking of that energetic girl and making sure you're resting," she snarkily raised a brow.

"yes, he's being a good father," she chuckled, smiling at her husband as she turned her attention to him.

"who are you there with?" he switched the topic after noticing someone move behind his sister.

she quickly glanced over her shoulder then moved the camera to show him a little more, "my boyfriend.. aj.." the boy still half asleep, doing a subtle wave without saying a word.

"did you just have to check who you were with?" he teased.

"no, i was making sure he was awake," she shook her head as she brought the view back to just herself.

"what happened to um sebastian?"

"we broke up before my birthday- he's dating haven now," she scoffed.

"your friend that you live with?" amelia chimed in.

"yeah.."

"mh," aiden hummed. "wait, what was dad on about this morning? the last he heard from you, you were on a date with a girl.. when does that fall into this?"

"the week after my birthday. that didn't last long," she simply explained. "then i got with jack.. daniel's friend.. that didn't last long either so i went out to get drunk and that's when i met aj.."

"is jack the one with the kid? from the band?" he received a small nod. "i'm surprised daniel even let him get with you," he chuckled. "i know how that boy is."

"it was his idea," she muttered.

"mh right.. well i'll let you go cause dustin's calling me back."

"okay, bye. tell dustin i said hi."

"yeah, okay, bye lilli," he then brought the camera back to his elder daughter. "say bye to aunty."

"bye lilli!"

"bye sunny," liberty smiled before hanging up the call. quickly reaching over to place her phone back on the bedside table, she then turned around within the boy's arms and softly smiled at him. "good morning.. i'm sorry i woke you.."

"who's daniel?" aj questioned in between placing kisses on her lips.

"he's my.." she debated in her mind for a second to how she wanted to refer to the boy. "ex.."

"mh."

although the second the term 'ex' fell from her lips, she didn't know if that was the right decision, but she also wasn't sure if telling him daniel's her best friend was the best either.

"do you like your nieces?" he asked, while his lips were still moving against her's.

"i love them," she nodded.

".. let's make a baby," he continued to use the same softly spoken, slightly muttered tone.

"loving them doesn't mean i want my own just yet," she chuckled as she pulled her head away from his.

"you said you dated someone with a kid," he moved one of his hands up to the back of her head and pulled her back in.

"that's not the same as having a kid," she giggled trying to soften her comment. "and we seeing each other for like a week if that-"

"let's practice making one then," his lips slowly moved away from her's and begun trailing down her neck.

"we don't need to practice it," she playfully tried to roll out of his grip, trying to peel her neck away from his lips. "i'm aware you know how to."

"c'mon lil, i need you," he muttered against her skin, his other hand slipping under the hem of his shirt she was wearing and slowly pushing it up. placing a couple more kisses on her neck. "i love having you."

"aj," she softly groaned, bringing her arms up and running her hands through his hair as she smiled at him.

"please lilli," he lifted his head up, connecting his eyes with her and slightly pouting at her. "ill make you feel good and i'll make it quick, promise."

"fine," she gave in. "under one condition."

"what?"

"you use a condom this time."

"c'mon we had sex without one the other night."

"and i hated it.." she explained. "i can't focus on it when i'm just worried about you pulling out on time.."

"ugh fine," he groaned, sitting up and opening the top drawer of the bedside table on his side of the bed.

rustling around a little before finally ripping one off the chain of condoms. turning back to her, he moved his knees to either side of her body and placing on of his hands beside her head as he hovered above her. running the corner of the small foil package over her lips.

"happy?" he whispered, raising a brow as his face was only inches from her.

"mhm," she softly nodded as he lips attached onto her's.

AUTHOR'S NOTE!
updates two days in a row
you're welcome 😁