Esoteric Failure

Lergzin is his name. He has the special ability to swim through the ground. There are two modes to this ability and he can change between them for interesting results. He can comfortably stand on the ground, or decide to swim in it. His body is broadened, and his shoulders are far apart. He is covered in bulging bumpy muscles like it is his armor. He wears giant brown boots with fur, and an underwear covered in brown fur. For the most part, his body is normal. Then, you see his head. His head was replaced with a shark's head. His human jaw was the only thing that remained of his head, and the teeth on it were replaced with shark teeth to match the teeth on the shark head. The shark was brown with a fin attached to the back. The shark head was covered in fur like a woolly shark. Razor sharp teeth in two rows in his mouth, and three holes on the sides of his face. You could put your arm through them and your arm would come out the other side. He doesn't have eyes, just those giant holes with weapons kept inside of them. He doesn't need eyes with his ability. The sound waves that everything creates are converted into energy that hits his body. That energy is converted into information about what and who created that sound and what they did to achieve that. With everything constantly making sounds, even the quietest ones, Lergzin can visualize everything in his mind as if he were recording it. He can't see it in color, though. Just mostly black and white with white outlines. 

Swimming through the ground, Lergzin was searching for Prince. He dodged the rocks, and bones by touching them before his shark head could swim into them. After touching them, he would swim around it. He could visualize the bugs scurrying around in small burrows and the hares hiding underground with their babies. He painted the world by just the sound waves, and could see the world above him in black and white. Animals, trees, flowers, grass and bodies of water. Occasionally, a bird would chirp while flying in the sky, and the sound waves would reach Lergzin so he could see the bird flying. 

Finally, something louder caught his attention. He stopped swimming and looked above him. Two people talking in front of a cave. Lergzin grabbed a spear from the farthest hole in his shark head and pulled it out. He aimed the spear and chucked it upwards. The spear swam through the ground like it was air, and jumped out of the ground, slicing Oscar's face. 

Prince didn't hesitate to react despite the shock and surprise freezing him for a tenth of a second. He leaped to grab Oscar before his knees dropped to the ground. Prince held Oscar tightly by his shoulder and legs. 

"That was my strongest spear," Lergzin said, visualizing blood droplets hitting the blades of grass, "It missed it's mark."

Suddenly, Lergzin heard multiple explosions. They seemed to be hitting something. What made it strange was that nothing was destroyed. He could hear talking, and he could hear blood dripping, clothes flapping and people talking.

"Prince..." Oscar said with his right eyelid losing strength to keep his eye open.

"I'm taking you to the hospital as quickly as I can. After that, I'll beat up the dude who did this to you. It's probably dad's allies. He's probably angry that you visited me. Didn't think he'd go so far to punish you. But, makes sense when he brutally abandoned me," Prince babbled. 

Oscar closed his eye. Prince's arms began to tire out from carrying Oscar, "Sleep well," Prince said, "It's not going to be a very calming sleep because of the noise my explosions are making."

Prince was blessed with the ability to push out red sticks that explode on contact with anything from any part of his body. These explosions do not hurt him nor do they produce shrapnel. Only smoke and destruction. To make things easier and not blind everyone, the explosions don't destroy his clothes either. So, using his smartness, Prince found out he can fly by pushing out red sticks from his back, hitting his shirt and immediately exploding, pushing him forward. If he does this constantly and tilts his body backwards, he can fly.