chapter twenty

I stayed in the hospital for a few more hours before the doctors finally decided that my panic levels were stable. I took some of the pills that Akina had given me for good measure. I was already a mess, and I didn't even want to know what I would be like without them.

Fuyumi was driving me and Shoto home, and she had decided to make the two of us sit in the back together. She was listening to a podcast with her headphones, so I wasn't able to talk to her.

Shoto's phone has been pinging since we stepped into the car, and I was starting to get a headache. 

Ping.

Ping.

Ping.

"Can you turn that off?" I almost snapped, but I remembered to take a deep breath. I reminded myself to be peaceful.

Shoto glared at me, "Well maybe if you would respond to your own text messages, everyone wouldn't be asking me."

I finally decided to check my phone, which had been turned of in my bag the entire time.

I was greeted with a flood of text messages. Most of them were unknown numbers from a group chat labeled, 'UA'.

However, I clicked on the messages from Mina first. I hope she didn't hate me.

Mina

Himari!! Are you okay??

ANSWER

PLEASE

okay- I'll tell you everything that happened since you are obviously still passed out

everyones super worried about you and we miss you! and everyone thinks your quirk is amazing

also, you missed nothing except for lunch- I was the only girl at the table and I felt like a pick me!

please come back!

A small smile came to my facer as I read the messages. I was going to miss her. I hoped we could still hang out. She was my first friend.

hi Mina! i'm okay, but you might have to find someone else to sit at lunch with! I don't think i'll be coming back to UA unfortunately, but I'm gonna miss you so much! Thank you for being amazing

I don't usually get sad about this kinda of stuff, but I will admit I shed a tear or two.

I then went through the rest of my messages. The group chat was just simply all of the people in class. I didn't read the messages thoroughly, but most of the texts were "Get better soon Himari!" or something similar to that. I thanked them while also explaining that I wouldn't be going to UA anymore. I then left the group chat.

I had a more recent text from an unknown number, and I opened.

Unknown.

that fire was pretty cool even if your stupid ass can't control it.

I rolled my eyes, typing my reply.

i would ask who this is, but I only know one person who can't give a compliment without being an asshole about it.

He replied fast.

You're leaving just because you couldn't take one failure?

I frowned.

my quirk is too dangerous, I don't want to risk anyone. trust me, I can take failure.

look, this is probably the nicest i'll ever be to you, and if you tell anyone I said this, I'll deny it, but I really do think that you are a good person, and if you train enough, you're not going to kick my ass but every villain's out there. don't quit now.

At the same exact time, Mina texted me.

Mina

WHAT

NO YOUR NOT YOURE TOO AMAZING

AND NO ONE IS MAD AT YOU EVERYTHING THOUGHT WHAT YOU DID WAS AMAZING

WELL EXCEPT FOR MINETA WHO GOT HIS PURPLE BALLS BURNED OFF BUTS THAT OKS

YOU CANT LEAVE ME NOOOOOOOOO

I was also added back to UA.

UA

unknown:

hey himari, we've only really talked once or twice, but you inspire me to be a better hero! aizawa talked to us about your problems with your ability, but we don't mind. are we not all here to get better?

unknown:

I agree with deku! please come back!

The more they talked, the more I wanted to cry. To finally get them to stop, I typed.

I'll think about it

But I wanted to go back so bad. My classmates had been kind, and I had even made some friends there. Why were my emotions switching up so much so quickly?

I closed my eyes, trying to take deep breaths, but I wasn't staying calm.

"Fuyumi, could you take me to see Akina?"

a/n: sorry guys this chapter is kinda boring, but dw good chapters are coming soon- this is more of a filler

also- I have until July 30 to finish this book- unfortunately I'll be doing a varsity sport + all honors year round so writing will be super hard

would you rather the book be on pause/ super slow updates or would you rather end soon? I think I've put enough into the plot that I can still give a good ending, but I do have a lot planned, but I don't know if I trust myself to do it next year! pls comment and lmk