chapter twenty three

After the Bakugo incident, Aizawa went over with all of the mistakes I had made while I was fighting, and there were a lot.  Even though the fight lasted maybe five minutes, I had done dozens of slip ups.

After that, we went through some more motions. Aizawa was serious about making sure that my fighting was good.

"We're going to continue to do some one on ones separately, so after the class puts on their heroes suits, meet me over here." Aizawa said.

I nodded, tightening my jaw. I knew that my quirk still wasn't safe to be around other students, but I was still a little disappointed. I felt like I was out of the loop with my classmates sometimes.

I shrugged, "It's okay. I don't think I want to use my quirk in one of those situations for a while anyway."

I looked away before he could give me that look that said everything I didn't want to admit, but it was okay. If I got good at fighting, I could use my quirk in less powerful ways and still keep everybody safe.

As I went into normal classes, it was safe to say that I was bored to death throughout the entire time. After hours of tutoring on the weeks coming up to UA, I had a somewhat solid education that was growing every Sunday whenever Fuyumi tutored me. That was one of the perks of having a sister as a teacher.

We then went to lunch, where they served the most amazing food I have ever tasted. I sat with Mina and some guys joined us, which included Bakugo, Kirishima, Sero, and Kaminari. At the last moment, Jirou came and sat next to me and Mina. "Do you mind if I sit here?" She asked, a nervous smile on her face.

I smiled back, "Not at all!"

The table erupted into conversation, and Mina was fast with the conversation. She was halfway through telling us her theory on how dinosaurs are going to take over Earth someday. "Think about it!" She said, throwing her hands up when no one looked convinced.

"So," Kaminari said, turning to me, "How's your lessons with Aizawa?"

"It's intense," I admitted. "He's a great teacher, though. I feel like I'm learning a lot, even if it's slow."

"You'll get there," Kaminari said encouragingly. "We all had to start somewhere. Aizawa's tough, but he's fair."

Bakugo, surprisingly quiet, suddenly spoke up. "Just don't slack off. If you wanna be a hero, you gotta push past your limits."

I nodded, appreciating his bluntness. "I will. Thanks."

Jirou, who had been listening quietly, joined the conversation. "It must be hard, though, dealing with all the pressure."

"It is," I confessed. "But I'm not going to give up. I want to be a hero, no matter what."

Mina grinned. "That's the spirit! We're all in this together, right?"

Everyone at the table nodded in agreement, and I felt a warm sense of belonging. Despite the challenges, I knew I was in the right place.

Kirishima turned to me with a wide grin. "I heard about your fight with Bakugo earlier. That was pretty manly of you!"

I laughed, a bit embarrassed. "Thanks, Kirishima. I'm just trying to keep up with everyone."

He leaned closer, his eyes sparkling with admiration. "You did more than keep up. You're strong and smart. I bet with some more training, you'll be one of the top students here."

I felt a blush creeping up my cheeks. "Thanks, I really appreciate that."

Bakugo, sitting across from us, scowled. "Tch, don't let it go to your head, Sparky. You've still got a long way to go."